Redpoint and TacoSalad - a little analysis

• Stuck on a loooog conference call where I was primarily in listening mode, so looked at some basic stats between Redpoint and TacoSalad.

Redpoint/TacoSalad
    Topics = 73/86
    Posts = 1,206/1,868
    Views = 15,884/35,272

Categories between the two are a bit apples and oranges so difficult to compare the two, but two categories seem to be similar and they may show a difference in focus between the two sites:

Redpoint “Big Questions” = 9% of views
    TacoSalad “Current Events” = 46% of views

TacoSalad has been live longer and has more activity. I'm sure each is serving a purpose for their users. But I’ve been looking at both and I like the modern look and functionality of Redpoint and topics seem to be more varied and in-line with my interests.

My first post on SuperTopo was Feb 2007. I was mainly a lurker and periodically posting, mainly picture focused threads. My time here will be similar, and it is good to check-in to a community I have been part of for so long (climbing since the late 1960's).

• @skiroc
    Thank you,

As for the nuts & bolts -the function-, the ease of usability
    the way it works when trying to use the CTS formate
    The function, if that is what its called is "clunky"
    limited? is ... Less intuitive... ? harder to use?
    I dn't know what to call it?

• @The-Gnome it's called UX/UI, user experience and user interface

• @skiroc said in Redpoint and TacoSalad - a little analysis:

Redpoint/TacoSalad
    Topics = 73/86
    Posts = 1,206/1,868
    Views = 15,884/35,272

Of the 1,868 posts on the TacoSalad, 351 are by "Elisa". Almost exactly twice as many as the next busiest poster.

Those of you who were around Supertopo a few years ago may recall a poster that went by "LEB" -- a woman named Lois who did not climb, had no interest in climbing or climbers, but who posted endlessly to the political threads. Her classic passive-aggressive style and huge volume of posts alienated just about everyone and she was eventually booted. "Elisa" is the same person, and is doing the same thing on the TacoSalad that she did on ST.

So, when you count up the total posts, you could consider eliminating hers. That leaves the ratio 1,206/1,517 which, considering the longer time the TacoSalad has been running, put the two sites at about the same level.

The one great thing about LEB's presence on ST was that it inspired the late American legend Bob van Belle to create and post this gem of animation. Perhaps the single funniest thing ever put up on SuperTopo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8XrWEqtNp8

• @David-Harris

Well, here's something that will surprise no one.

LEB, Lois, "elisa" was supposedly booted from CTS for calling people names and is now over on WideFetish as LEB 2.0, badmouthing the folks on CTS and glorifying in her new role of Only Woman(?) On WideFetish.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

• @L-Aura said in Redpoint and TacoSalad - a little analysis:

@David-Harris

Well, here's something that will surprise no one.

LEB, Lois, "elisa" was supposedly booted from CTS for calling people names and is now over on WideFetish as LEB 2.0, badmouthing the folks on CTS and glorifying in her new role of Only Woman(?) On WideFetish.

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

Proven again... nobody hates on women like other women. Thanks for that L.

From way back on SuperTopo to the current CTS shit show, the LEB/Lois has been no name caller. I've not seen it over hundreds if not thousands of posts from her, but plenty rained down on her from "the other side". What I have seen is her uncanny ability to irritate libs, be it with debate or distraction, easily dragging them down her particular rabbit hole. She got booted from the CTS because a few hyper lefties could not hear their own echo and complained robustly to the Queen... who then banished the agitator and her own occasional sparring partner. Was it a fem on fem battle royal? Probably... when the ladies butt heads it is exceptionally ugly. Don't mess with the Queen or those who keep her train clean as she waltzes through PC land if you want a forum future.

• @RussWalling

Russ, she did NOT "get booted" because of "some lefties." Why not ask Lois to post the message she received from me before I disabled her account. I'm sure you can all have a grand old time ripping that apart, but I can tell you damned well it was not due to her political leanings.

• @RussWalling said in Redpoint and TacoSalad - a little analysis:

Proven again... nobody hates on women like other women. Thanks for that L.

Sorry to disappoint you Russ, but that wasn't me "hating on women".

That was just me reporting the facts of an interaction I saw...on a website filled with "hating on women" by a number of your members.

Wish I could unsee that, but I can't. So thanks for that Russ.

• @Happiegrrrl said in Redpoint and TacoSalad - a little analysis:

@RussWalling

Russ, she did NOT "get booted" because of "some lefties." Why not ask Lois to post the message she received from me before I disabled her account. I'm sure you can all have a grand old time ripping that apart, but I can tell you damned well it was not due to her political leanings.

I've heard her account of the events and I've seen the back and forth. My opinion stands with the facts as presented, her posting history, and the recent banter I've read on the CTS. Sorry, not buying it.

• One day early on in my ST days I woke up to see a thread by Lois and Dirtbag about me. I was pretty much horrified. I don't want to say it was mean spirited but it caused me some angst. I later got to "know" Lois and Dirtbag died. It was a good lesson on life, caring and more for me.

• @RussWalling If Terrie is the Queen you must be the King! The King of Town with his own legion of poop smiths.

I brought Lynne over to one of my bestie's place on Westridge. She said you used to live across the street up on the corner of Lower Rock Creek Rd.

I also hung out at Swall with Oakshot in his ultra cool rebuild and Cashner. Rick really misses your bar in 40 acres and wishes you would pick up your grub stake and move on back to the east side with Suze. Just passing that along.

• Russ! Thank you "so-much" for keeping us all up on the doings on TacoSalad & Widefetish.

Bless you.

• Not coupe deville

Willy Deville

Or

Would rather re-read Dano in Oakland