Introduction Thread

• Moosedrool & Phylp! Welcome!

David is pretty spot-on about posting photos. I think photos look great if you load ones between 1 & 2 mb. Here's my 1.5 mb shot of you & Spider having fun at COR-Geeze-fest 2014. Viewers can also enlarge posted photos by clicking on them. Edit is achieved easily by clicking on the 3 vertical dots at lower right of your post.

IMG_3797.JPG

• Images in the 300K to 500K range reportedly look pretty sweet as well.

Toby Trippin' - Mt. McGowan

As the vast majority of visitors are mobile users, I wonder how many folks perceive much, if any difference. I test on an 2560 x 1440 Eizo with a .23mm dot pitch. Don't own any 4/5K displays so will have to rely on reports of others. The few I've asked have no complaints.

In other news... not too into Moose Drool but do enjoy me some Big Sky IPA from time to time. 🍺

Enjoy! 🐕

• @toby said in Introduction Thread:

As the vast majority of visitors are mobile users, I wonder how many folks perceive much, if any difference.

Agreed that there is almost never a need at the reader's end for a big image. The problem is that almost any photo we take with a modern phone or camera will be in the 3.5 to 4.5 mb range.

So, instead of adding a photo to a post requiring just two simple mouse clicks, it becomes a chore. Not impossible, or even difficult, for any moderately computer-literate person, but a pain in the ass.

Does upping the max file size to, say, 5 mb cost extra?

• @David-Harris

Yes. Like everything else, bandwidth cost money. Once upon a time in the good ol' days one paid a set fee for a pipe of size X regardless of how much data one pumped through it. Then came cell phones, streaming video and such... so big company dot com creed of greed motivated backbone providers figured out they could gouge us twice (ya' know, somebody has pay for those exorbitant CEO bonuses, private jets, helicopters, yachts, etc.): once for the size of the pipe and then again for that amount pumped through it. Thank our bought and paid for FCC, a.k.a. "Fox guarding the hen house" for that.

• Holy shit, this IS the place. Lots of good Supertaco folks on here. And thanks to Happpie for setting up TacoSalad. Was good spot for a bit.

1994_NOSE_GLOWERING_SPOT_01.png

• Where are Ron Gomez and THE tarbustur?

• @johntp said in Introduction Thread:

Where are Ron Gomez and THE tarbustur?

I'm not sure, but I'd bet that Ron is most likely Playin' patty-cake with the "Katty" one over on FacePlant
    (seriously thinking of going to the dark side my own self!)
    Roy told me he was "done with the internet" (for awhile?) & is focusing on his writing.

Edit:
    Look for Roy's (Tarbuster's)excellent "Ray's Red Truck"
    a profile of FROG; Ray Olson.
    now appearing in Luke M's "The Climbing 'Zine #16 (July 2019)

• Yeah, Roy said he was leaning that way. No clue about Ron G.

• I'm back, but nobody cares.

• I just made a post to a thread about decisions and self-interests, and I can't find it. What happened?

• @jgill

And I just read it here https://forums.redpointuniversity.com/topic/94/humans-are-primarily-driven-by-self-interest/15

Maybe your sorting on "Unread"? Try "Recent" or "Category" views. 👍