The Time Has Come, My Friends

• Alas, methinks the time has come, my friends, to let RPU slip gracefully into the void...

I had hoped for a thriving community to grow here but such was not to be. Our experience is not unique, as social disinformation parasites like Meta, click bait, and 'influencers' on the take (we used to call them shills) have sucked the life blood out of many (most?) community fora.

And so ends an era.

Members who wish to download archives of their uploaded content should feel free to contact forum admin with their requests prior to January 31, 2023.

A deep heartfelt thank you is extended to all who contributed to the making of whatever this was. 🌻 🌻 πŸ•

• I thought you had something going here, and you did for awhile. I heard from a friend that someone started a 2nd taco on Facelessbook, which I refuse to be a part of. It seems everyone jumped ship to go there.

I never felt the draw of Faceless, although I did try it for awhile.

Not sure what I will do without a What Song thread...

Thanks for your hard work!

• I could not find my password, so I guess it has been a long time. Sorry to see this happening. Like Clyde Browne said "you never know what will be coming down"..

I never even heard of Giant Cell Arteritis (GCA), but it gobbled up over a year of my life. I have just come of 11.5 months of the "dread pred" Prednisone.

I will ponder it and get back to you.

• @Tobia Hey there say Tobia. MFM died, but I am in contact with Neebee and DMT through the FB.

What's a mother to do?

• @zBrown

The world is a sadder place w/o MFM.

Neebee started a thread about his passing on this site sometime last year, I thought I posted something but I don’t see it.

Glad to know your health has improved!

• I joined FB to keep in touch with my nephews mainly, but keep in touch with Neebee and Dmt/Craig

There is a pretty controlling Group function in FB

I CAN ENVISION A WHAT … Listening group with membership controlled

Invitation only?

Let me think it through

I actually have dropped way off in my listening

🎢😎πŸͺ‚

• @Tobia said in The Time Has Come, My Friends:

Neebee started a thread about his passing on this site sometime last year, I thought I posted something but I don’t see it.

https://forums.redpointuniversity.com/topic/421/our-beloved-mouse-from-merced-has-left-the-field-and-passed-on-mon-jan-10-22-at-6pm

• @toby
    Thanks Toby, I found the thread, but I couldn’t find my post to it, I must not have submitted properly.

• @zBrown said in The Time Has Come, My Friends:

I CAN ENVISION A WHAT … Listening group with membership controlled
    Invitation only?
    Let me think it through

😱 😱 🀧

There are some private discussions under way. Early stages. Please standby. I shall keep all y'all posted. πŸ•

In the meantime, no need to go to extremes, eh? πŸ‘Š 🀦 🀦 ⚰