A History of Rock Climbing in Yosemite - Speaker Series

• Dean's presentation was was absolutely awesome!

I was expecting a Stone/Rock Monkeys-only presentation..

but then Dean ended up narrating his way through a great depth of some of his favorite photos, drawing from a broad range of historical Yosemite photographers.

A pleasant surprise and a very unique story.

I know the video was captured, now it's just a matter of editing, I suppose.. definitely looking forward to it..

• Looking forward to a presentation by Mark Wellman this month!

I got the chance to meet Mark in about '07 while he and a group climbed 'Heathanistic Pursuit'.

Awesome ropework and an amazing feat, what these guys were doing.. truly an inspiration!

It's going to be quite an experience to hear Mark's story, firsthand..

speaker flyer Mark Wellman.jpg

• I am wondering if maybe separate threads with per event descriptions for might give you more visibility? And/or, maybe listing the event title, date and location via searchable text would help search engine wise cuz the crawlers probably not going to index e.g. "Friday, July 26" from the image.

To be clear, it's fine as is. I am thinking in terms of getting more exposure beyond RPU. OTOH, since it's on FB, your post here most likely serves more in terms of RPU community service announcement capacity than broader advertising. Just some thoughts. Maybe half baked. Take 'em for whatever they may or may not be worth 😉

• That's great input, I appreciate it!

• A special screening of the movie El Capitan will be shown this Friday evening, August 9th at the Mariposa Museum and History Center.

The Fred Padula film features absolutely amazing cinematography, in part by film-visionary Glen Denny, highlighting El Capitan and one truly remarkable early-ascent of the Nose in 1968.

Gary Colliver, a member of the star-climbing-team featured, will present the film with Q&A to follow.

This event is sponsored by Mariposa's own Charles Street Dinner House and Silver Fox Vineyards.

Hope to see you there!

elcap.jpg

• @J-Fengel It's a bit far for me, so I won't be there, but I encourage anyone who can make it to do so. It's an incredible film.

• I think my life is spent repeating ghost, but still: what David said.

• @was-dar said in A History of Rock Climbing in Yosemite - Speaker Series:

I think my life is spent repeating ghost, but still: what David said.

Huh? I couldn't have repeated even half a day of your last bike trip. But, that aside, the El Cap movie is certainly worth seeing.

• Looking forward to Steve Bosque and Kevin DeWeese's co-presentation of

GENERATION GAP - MENTORSHIP AND YOSEMITE VALLEY BIG-WALL CLIMBING

Saturday August 24th at 6:30 PM at the Mariposa Museum and History Center.

Gourmet appetizers and beverages will be served at 6 PM.

Come a bit early to get a good seat..

and to see our climbing-artifact display and timeline with historical photos and hardware on loan from Glen Denny, Ken Yager, Kenneth Boche, Don Harder and others..

hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/511687446305372/

Speaker Flyer Bosque and Deweese.jpg

• A very special guest speaker Friday September 6th..

Adventurer, record-holding El Cap ascensionist, survivor, author.. and Alex Honnold's Mom!

Gourmet appetizers and beer/wine served at 6 PM, presentation at 6:30 PM.

Hope to see you there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/429395977914898/?ti=cl

IMG_20190831_213122_506.jpg