Best Happy Holiday Wishes for all, & we are looking forward to a better year in 2021.

• photo from front of card 12-11_001.jpg

inside best card_003.jpg

• @FritzRay "Isolated & Loving It" indeed. Pretty much sums up where we are, too.

There may be good things about living in a high-rise in mid-town Manhattan and working in a high-rise office down at the lower end, and...

...no. NO. No matter what New Yorkers spew on about their densely packed lives, I have been there and can vouch for the fact that they're all batshit crazy.

That said, there is one good thing about it: Crazy as they all are, they love it there. Which means they'll stay there.

• @David-Harris One may always hope.... yet...

Anyone else remember when California was a pretty awesome place to live? Most of those invading hordes came from the east coast. The "hippie era" of the sixties attracted many east coasters to the milder climate out west. Not to mention the effect of having so many world class research universities in one state. Military bases exposed many who'd otherwise never visited and later came back to stay after being discharged. Ocean beaches that were surfable, awesome mountains and deserts. All in one place. Ooh, la, la! Who can blame them? They found someplace better than where they'd been, and in so doing, ruined it for "us" locals. Just like "we" later "ruined" it for "them" when we left to go other place like ID. And so it goes....

Heh, a friend's gf used to have two bumper stickers on her ride:

1. California Blonde
    2. California Native

Neither of which she was. At least w/o the help of some bleach. She'd only been in SD for about a year, or less?

The kicker was he sported a "Welcome to California - Now Go Home." bumper sticker. Which, substituting Idaho for CA, I am starting to see more and more of hereabouts.

Ah, the irony....

• Great shot. have an awesome and healthy holliday and new year everyone!

• From Our House to Your House

IMG_6946cohoho.jpg

Oh yeah...

Happy Ray Troll Thursday!! 🐕

• Christmas season greetings

• Best wishes for a Happier New Year!

klic130101.jpg

• Goodbye and good riddance to the old year. If 2020 was a scented candle, it would look (and smell) like this...

awful-year1.jpg

• One may always hope.... 🙏

Bach'ing it tonight as @genifer is hanging with our youngest niece whilst her mother parties in Las Vegas! Aye, caramba!! 🙄

Got two beers left in the fridge and the usual whisky frisky suspects on the liquor shelf but I'll probably end up crashing out early. I typically save a few fireworks from the 4th for New Year's Eve, but we skipped that one this year too.

In any case.....

R.I.P. 2020 & Good Riddance. 💣 ⚰ ⚱

Here, Here to a Better 2021! 🎆 🎆 🎉 🎊 🎇

And last but not least....

A hearty thank you

To all you beautiful people who make RPU the best climber forums in the West, North, East, and South. 🙇

Enjoy the digital campfire! 🔥

Oh yeah... Heh... Almost forgot...

Happy Ray Troll Thursday!! 🐕

• burning out 2020 last night...
    IMG_7850.jpg

• @NickG Heh, seems you were not the only ones. Sounded like a war zone last night w/all the M-80's and mortars. Alas, dense fog so the aerial show was mostly not visible beyond immediate neighborhood.

Maybe extra enthusiastic because it is the end of a decade but... methinks it was mostly due to pandemic fatigue and an eagerness to be done with it. Unfortunately the pandemic will persist well into 2021 but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel and we can return to a bit of optimism about the future. Clear skies today and Genifer is coming home so we're off to a good start. ☀

So, once more: Here's to a Better 2021! 🎆 🎆 🎉 🎊 🎇 🥃 🍺 👍

Rock on! 🎸

• IMG_20210101_102807445~2.jpg

My new year is starting off with overcoming obstacles. Several trees down on the road due to rained turned to ice, but no road-blockers!

• @Happiegrrrl Be safe! stay possitive and test negative 🙂 happy New Year!