BATTERY HELP... ODD readings on truck radio...

• hey there, say, all... you guys have helped me, immensly, in the past... why is this happening, twice now?

here is situation:
    SAY, ALL YOU TRUCK, BATTERY FOLKS, OUT THERE... please help...
    SECOND time my battery is dead...
    WHEN i go to start it, after the clicks, the CLOCK-RADIO things
    starts 'running, and, says READING' .. then, the music come on,
    and, I HAVE NOT had the radio on, at all... 🙁
    please HELP-- what is this... ? i don't think the battery is that old,
    but, i could be wrong...

thank so very much... thank you...

• sorry you are haveing issues. when ther battery gets super low in mondern vehicles the computers do all kinds of whacky stuff. Its a great idea to have a small lithium booster pack. link text but most likly you either need a new battery??? check to see if your alternater is working properly.

• @NickG wow, thank you kinds.... say, folks...
    HAD a huge volume of cards i was doing , so i could NOT get back...

IT TURNED OUT-- there was a 'tiny' AND, whewww...yes, tiny (like refridgerator light) ... i found it ON!! after crawling around the front floor of the truck, wonderful if i had pushed some kind of button that affected the clock or radio, or who knows what, and i found a LIGHT on...

i then, shut the door, and from a weird angle, i was able to get a view of the light, STILL on, after 'normal shut off' times for 'over head lights' to turn off...

so, then, hunting for some button, that i must have hit... (i had recently been FINALLY trying to set the clock on new time) (book did not help, at all, sadly, though i had the right button, at first-- it never explained how to use it) ...
    (was going to check it out, later, after wasting too much time) ...

well-- later, lead to me pushing some other 'tiny' button, the one that i just mentioned... so, i opened the door, tested three different things, and then, pushed that button and the LIGHT WAS OFF.... so far, no more battery trouble...

so very thankful... it's been good for the last trips, out for 'truck exercise' for the truck and battery... and, twice, to stop at a little gas/and store...

thank you so so very much!!! the spirit of the TACO helpers, lives on , here... !!! god bless!!!

• @NickG -- oh, yes, as far i knew the alterator, etc, was just checked about a month??? ago, ... but, still-- one must check everything, to solve things... thank you nick!!!!

oh, say, please, see the post about -- the light!! that was hidden under the dash, over the front floor.... and--on... i posted it, just before this one...
    battery is okay now... whewwww...

• glad you got nit figured out. when the battery gets low on modern rigs the computer goes wonky and everything can act up. it can stop shifting etc.