Redpoint U Forums moderators or admin?

• Moderators have the ability to manage posts. Locking, deleting, as well as user management; banning, quieting, etc. If you feel someone on the outside of the community proper shouldn't have any of those abilities, feel free to voice them. I understand what community means to people, and I would be leery myself of outsiders moderating communities I was in.

• @halfwit said in Redpoint U Forums moderators or admin?:

Also, Toby is Ken as well. He has a few users, you'd have to ask him why!

@toby and @buster are both me. See here for further explanation.

Toby is admin. Admins have moderator powers, and then some. I, Ken, post as Toby, a user I set up during the dev stage and didn't bother to tweak before rolling to production. Toby is everybody's buddy and also a lot more patient, on average than I, so... that helps remind me to step back and take a breath when things may be going south. Which inevitably happens. Good moderators and admins strive for objectivity, which is less forthcoming if you let yourself start to be riled by trolls and such.

Buster is a "mortal" user that I use for testing stuff as a regular, registered user would experience it. Buster never posts, nor votes, etc. (on rare occasions he may to test something it will be deleted). One needs a test user for if/when registered users are describing things different from my view as Admin. Buster lets me walk in their moccasins.

It should go without saying I vouch for @halfwit. He is not a rock climber. Although we have never met "in the real" I have known him for several years from other online communities. We're pretty good friends with a history of some good give and take. Please do give him all due respect for helping out because he has other personal projects he could be working on instead of helping keep order around hereabouts. 👍

• And I thought I had a lot of different personalities!!!! 🤣

• @halfwit said in Redpoint U Forums moderators or admin?:

I understand what community means to people, and I would be leery myself of outsiders moderating communities I was in.

I dunno....with an avatar like that, hw, I just can't find it in myself to be "leery" of you. 🤗

• I understand the genesis of how these avatars came along, but it's pretty confusing if one isn't paying attention to each of your posts describing how you got there. I might remember it, but those who don't bother to ask will likely not understand this at all. Just offering that perspective up.

• @apogee said in Redpoint U Forums moderators or admin?:

I understand the genesis of how these avatars came along, but it's pretty confusing if one isn't paying attention to each of your posts describing how you got there. I might remember it, but those who don't bother to ask will likely not understand this at all. Just offering that perspective up.

The Into thread is pinned. I expect new users should be curious enough to at least take a brief gander at the first few posts in that thread.

• Not to slander them, but I wouldn't count on new users taking the initiative to investigate the 'Into' thread to figure out the origins and structure of this place. Many just aren't that diligent in their efforts.

• toby, I’m not offering this insinuating any kind of underhanded intent on anybody’s part. It’s more from the perspective of having watched a lot of ST users over the years, and many just aren’t that tech savvy...and shifting to a new format...as logical and reasonably featured as it might be to you...is likely to be difficult for many.

• @apogee

Cool. No worries. No offense taken. Realize I kind of just crawled out of the woodwork and folks are curious. To be expected. ✌

• @apogee

I was struggling with the syntax as I Edited a post to include a second image

Interestingly the system tracks edits which are viewable in the edit history

It was more than 10