LUCKY RESCUE-- perfect time, or-- 'ones time was up' --THREAD...

• hey there, say... a quote...
    ""The flow overwhelmed and swept him into a whirlpool, which held him under," the statement from the sheriff's office reads.

Here's where the man's luck kicked in.

The episode occurred amid the coronavirus pandemic as Californians more than ever are looking for the ultimate open spaces to practice social distancing and take a break from stay-at-home orders.

Brent Donley, an off-duty California Highway Patrol (CHP) officer, just so happened to be hiking on the same trail with his wife, Christina Donley, and saw the man in distress. Donley is also trained in search and rescue and had ropes with him that came in handy for the life-saving rescue.

"The volume of water that moves every second is enormous," Donley told ABC News on Sunday. "People don't realize."

He said that while the equipment he had wasn't ideal, he worked with what was available to fashion makeshift rescue equipment."

LINK BELOW:
    man oh man... : O

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/off-duty-highway-patrol-officer-leaps-into-action-in-swift-river-rescue-drama/ar-BB13SFNP?ocid=bingcovid&fbclid=IwAR3L1PWOCOW42kOzZiblFK4EdtHsxI95KTaXcpK1Ng72m3k1ZMKyRifrwWs

• hey there, say, all...
    feel FREE to add any rescues, of the great outdoors, that come your way...
    thank god, this was went well... all due to :

a hiker misjudging the water current, 😞

• scary stuff.

• say ALL... HOW MANY remember this RESCUE?
    this is what makes the climber community so great!!!

i just was reading this to my mom last night...
    many taco names, are on this thread... if you remember it, you may want to go read it...

jessica is doing great, these days, too... i see her on facebook...

happy RESCUES to whoever may need them, in the years to come!! god bless and hugs and prayer for a better new year...

love to all!

http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/thread.php?topic_id=1949064&tn=0&mr=0

• I agree, Neebee, that there was a Suoertopo legacy that hadn't carried over to the extent it could.

The ribald have Widefetish, and there is the Facebook page, but many won't do FB. I am a FB regular, but the layout is not conducive to me. I like a discussion forum.

Here at RedPoint, we could have some of what was lost in the death of Supertopo that hasn't found a home. That is why I try... But there needs be more participating members.

Perhaps you could put a word in for RedPoint U over at the FB page... There's no reason people can't have a hand in both!

• WF is a bit too rough and tumble for me but aparently thats how many folks like it. Toby on nthe other hand I think has scared a few away from here by over editing some of our posts. over all its good place with a good feel but there needs to be more participation. I don't want to feel like I am dominating the forum just because I post a lot of stuff trying to keep it alive...

• @NickG said in LUCKY RESCUE-- perfect time, or-- 'ones time was up' --THREAD...:

I don't want to feel like I am dominating the forum just because I post a lot of stuff trying to keep it alive...

Ditto

• I know. We need more people here....

• @Happiegrrrl ... and, i want so much to be here, and do the GOOD that was done at the taco... i had so many obligation... at the taco, there was ONE whole page, only, and it saved tons of time, to get on and off, and, see who needed help, or, just wanted some fun, banter...

ps--
    toby-- will sure try to get more, during the winter, now, that sadly-- my two elder friends, have died, 😞

• @David-Harris yes, i think, i might feel tempted too... as to that... and yet-- if we start nice little post, they get moved, or, may be in the wrong spot, and it gets too complex, then... then, i just decide not to even post...

but, i will sure try to see you all...

i MISS you all so very very much!!!!
    thank you nick and david!!!! and, happygrrrl...
    happy sweet christmas...

• I actually liked the randomness of just one page. it worked. Bur also fine with this format. Not fine with my stuff being moved and renamed etc..