Road Trippin' Rigs

• @NickG Optical delusion from the lighting or did the window's framing pop from differential expansion/contraction?

• window is fine?

• my fleet election day.
    IMG_7257.jpg
    IMG_7258a.jpg

• indian summer this weekend.
    Caspian lake just before the Very brisk swim. IMG_7330.jpg

• my Buddys tour buss... Rick Redington and The Luv. parked and cold looking at the moment.. all kinds of stories to tell..
    IMG_7334.jpg

• new addition to the fleet 🙂
    IMG_7394.jpg we picked her up yesterday.

• found a used cap for $25.00. Only had $23.00 or $30.00 She refused to take the 30 so i ended up with the cap for $23.00 🙂
    IMG_7400.jpg

• 20201126_115609.jpg
    Took a short section of the Blue Ridge Parkway the other day, near Mabry Mill. Spent Turkey Day in Boone, NC, and then camped in Pisgah National Forest near Linville.
    20201129_121640_HDR.jpg
    Now in Asheville for a few days. Rainy and coldish... Can't have blue skies every day, I guess, but my plan was to fire up my cab-cutting machine and work some stones(there's a park where one can drive up to a pavilion with electric).

• hey there say, happiegirrrl... wow, i LOVE this waterfall, just saw you share this on facebook...
    HAD TO GET OVER here, to follow your journey!

been too busy with tons of leaves in yard... still got more to go-- they blew back to MY tree from across the street now... oh my, ...
    say--nick i FOUND the truck, 🙂

happy good eve to all!

• Had to taker for a rip yesterday before I put her in the garage for surgery 🙂
    IMG_7413.jpg

• IMG_20201206_173934_203.jpg
    Found a pretty nice camp spot with its own beach. Cold today and rainy and windy, but that's okay. Going to cook an Indian style chicken dinner and otherwise be lazy today.

In Santeetlah Lake, NC.

• Looking good! I gave my Mr buddy a pretty big workout this fall right up to thanksgiving. Finally moved inside and parked kermit for the winter. that Mr Buddy heater really sucks a lot of propane. I did fall asleep and few times with it running and it didn't kill me.... what really helps the most is a hot rock in the bed. I carefully heat it up on low heat on the cook top then toss it in the bed. Be well. Stay positive and test negative 😉

• I do wonder if that poor fellow who burned to death in his van in California outside the rock gym had an incident with a heater? i do try to be certain that it can't get too close to curtains or anything but vans often don't have that much clear space ....

• Happiness is a warm puppy! Lucas is my in-bed heater(and I his).

I have also used more propane this last few weeks than I'd planned to. I have the hose to hook up a 20 over but have not been using it, so spending much more than I could be.

Because I'm not moving quickly to the southwest, that's just going to be the case. But I do have to start getting to a little warmer days soon. I'm not very active on the cold days; wasting time.

• Also, I would - never - fall asleep with my heater on. My dad was a propane dealer and so though I am not afraid of it like some are, I did see firsthand what can happen if something goes wrong. And all machines have the capacity to have something go wrong.

In the middle of the night, my older sister came stumbling into the house, gasping for air and with blackened soot on her face. Her bedroom was in a sectioned off part of our garage(kids; gotta put them somewhere...), With a dedicated furnace. Apparently the temperature control valve had failed and the furnace did not go on pause as it reached the set temperature. She could - easily - have died. She nearly did.

I'm careful with space around my Buddy, and that's one nice thing with this van - there's available space to be had. But no way would I trust the carbon monoxide shut-off to engage.

I have bed coverings that kept me not Uncomfortable to zero degrees in my old van. This one...they seem not to do as good, as I've been down to 20 and okay but not always comfy. I figure it's that the van space is so much larger cubic feet. I may look into putting up a blanket between the cab and cargo space, to close off a few feet. But also am assuming partly it's due to no wall and ceiling coverings in place yet. Before I do those next year, I am going to beef up the polyiso where I can, even though I never wanted to see a sheet of that stuff again by the time I finished this time!

• I find the curtain separating the cab is key.

• the front windshield will be a sheet of ice and the back liveing compartment is reasonable.

• looking dejected...
    IMG_7514.jpg

• @NickG Your van is repurposing as an igloo!