A Dog's Life Redux

• @toby said in A Dog's Life Redux:

@zBrown

Nice. I was thinking about this thread recently and ... thinking ... not may dog lovers on RPU. The pure joy captured in that photo is priceless. Truly, man's, and woman's best friends! 🐕

Someone I knew quite well, circa 1939.

My father carried the photo with him his entire life.

• P5130046 -1-800x600.jpg

• This post is deleted!

• Laid back dawgie

Laid Back Dawggie.jpg

• @johntp Hmmm... seems vaguely... familiar... 📷

Ha! Knew I had cuz I am a god person! Indeed! I often toss sllab fer' god.... Random photo thread, dog in bed!

• ^^^ Yeah, I cross posted it on this thread.

• When Toby was a pup, I lived in a house that backed up to an Elementary School. During recess kids would be lined up w/their hands thru the chain link to pet him. He'd dutifully go down the line so each would get their turn until the "Yard Duty" would come and run them off. Hence the "Super Star" bit up post. School was then out for the summer and Toby missed his "Fans". Come fall, a little boy was walking by, Toby came to the fence to greet him, whereupon the little boy exclaimed; "Oh Toby, you're a big boy now!". Would have loved to have caught that moment on video. Priceless.

Toby loves children. When my nieces were little we'd take them car camping up in the Sawtooths to various lakes. Whenever they'd be near water, Toby would insist on being present and "on duty". Still like that today whenever I take a shower, he's outside the door, just watchin' and waitin' to make sure every little thing is going to be okay....

• Morning Swim

20140912_0015.jpg

Refreshing!

• Toby Beach Life

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5442.jpg

IMG_5441.jpg

• Buster's Great Balls o' Fire

IMG_5011.jpg

Buster lives to round up any and all errant big red rubber balls. This dog groks all the angles. Always ready to round 'em up and herd 'em on out! Yippie yi-yo kiyah!!

IMG_5012.jpg

Booty pressed into service from way back in my musher days. Injured paw. Ripped out an entire toenail on a quick cut. Be prepared to bootie your dog up if need be. Remember: No foot, no dog. These must have been from my little piebald bitch, Brandy. She was a small one. Otherwise any remaining booties would have been too large for Buster Blue to use. We had two of these, still brand new condition two decades later, so were able to alternate and keep clean. Vet thought they were pretty sweet. Not sure what materials their modern day counter parts might use. 🐕

• IMG_1315.JPG

You have to look hard
    1950's
    2 cousins
    1 boxer
    I brother

All fe dead

• @zBrown I dig boxers. Cool breed. Big lovers.

• Buster's Bones...

IMG_5188.jpg

• Buster's Big Red Balls

IMG_4993.jpg

Ready, willing, and able. All day. Every day.

• Buster Pupster

20130718_0015.jpg

20130718_0016.jpg

20130718_0034.jpg

Sure beats sleeping in a tent down that the river and not having any food to eat. Buster rules the roost now but this is a glimpse from earlier days when one of the many ways he enjoyed his newfound security was by snuggling up to "big brother". They'll each be sleeping their separate beds now. Buster likes his space and pretty much always being "on duty" while Toby loves to..... nap. 🐕

• IMG_2126.JPG

Susie 1955

• IMG_5146.jpg

Toby has no worries about being upside down on his toby mortgage. Whatsoever.

• hey there, say, all... i know i missed seeing a log of dogs, (did not go back all the way yet) ...

just trying to catch up, when i can...

here's my patty ann marie... most of these ARE the new camera... (the snow and roses, are not) ...

but, wow, they new camera, gets better close ups...

RSCN3631nnn.jpg

DSCN3658.jpg

f--IMG_1154.JPG

f--IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_0176ccc.jpg

*she is shar-pei, and whippet (full black tongue of shar-pei, and loose skin) ... greyhound feet, and curved spine and hollow belly and chest... odd mixture, but, lots of fun... (might have some lab, too, we are not sure on that) ...

• Expressive eyes. The second from last is great.