The first 10 Charter Members

• Re: Redpoint Climber's Forum

Prepare for the masses to join by the end of the week. The site was up for an hour and these first 10 members jumped on the bandwagon.

charter.jpeg x

• Damnit.... I missed the prize!

• This post is deleted!

• Looks like this could become a great place. Unfortunate about the name "Redpoint," though, since most the Supertopians wouldn't admit to sport climbing without some sort of disclaimer.

• @Happiegrrrl said in The first 10 Charter Members:

Unfortunate about the name "Redpoint," though, since most the Supertopians wouldn't admit to sport climbing .

+1.

Any chance we can swap out the name? No sour grapes tho ~ thanks for getting this up and running...

Looks like this could become a great place. Unfortunate about the name "Redpoint," though, since most the Supertopians wouldn't admit to sport climbing without some sort of disclaimer.

Ah, the irony! I did a lot of trad routes and was once (and only once cuz I didn't hang much with the gods) referred to as "a regular dirtbag" by Coonyard!

I think the term has evolved to a broader use to include concepts such as "flow, concentration, pursuit of extending one's boundaries, etc." Works for me, anyways. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• @Sewellymon said in The first 10 Charter Members:

@Happiegrrrl said in The first 10 Charter Members:

Unfortunate about the name "Redpoint," though, since most the Supertopians wouldn't admit to sport climbing .

+1.

Any chance we can swap out the name? No sour grapes tho ~ thanks for getting this up and running...

Off the top of my head, I suspect would involve a fair bit of effort. Not the least challenging of which is securing a domain name that is anything climbing related and is not something totally out in left field.

I also do rather enjoy the "University" concept, as in minds coming together to discuss shared interests.

• @Wallghost
    Thanks for setting this up. Looks good. I got sidetracked when nah000 added those links to Oliโ€™s Tales.
    Gold for sure. Some I had read but lots I missed.

• Hi. I think Iโ€™m in the right place. Iโ€™m getting โ€œforumedโ€ out. Am I in the right place?

SusanโœŒ

• @seagoat hey there, say, susan... i just got in... i just saw this... however... i NOTICED it is very hard to read the threads... they all have the words to all the other replies, connected... ๐Ÿ˜ฎ *does this always happen, folks, or, was it just the ones here, that i happened to see? just curious... ๐Ÿ™‚
    well-- got to run, will be back, when i can... kind of busy this week, ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

• @neebee

See Item #5 of Forums FAQ ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• hey there, say, toby...say, thanks... will do that... happy good eve... got to sign off for now... ๐Ÿ™‚ lots of folks, here... good to see them! thank you!

• Am I here now?

• @sempervirens Maybe?

Just remember... no matter where you go.... there you are...

Welcome o/

• Cool. Thanks to Burnin Vernon.

• Heh, coming up on another milestone: Our first one hundred registered users. Only thirteen left to go....

Glad these forums are working well for y'all ๐Ÿ‘

Looks like this could become a great place. Unfortunate about the name "Redpoint," though, since most the Supertopians wouldn't admit to sport climbing without some sort of disclaimer.

I suppose you could claim a redpoint on a trad climb if you place all your own gear and free it.

But the name could've been better. Betterbivy.com. Tacodrunktank.com Pooptube.com

• I'm really not sure how this post reappeared. I wrote it when I registered, I thought that I'd lost it, then a month later I logged in and it was sitting in the add/edit post window. What?

@JonJ said in The first 10 Charter Members:

• @Wallghost ~ Thanks for setting this up. Looks good.

I got sidetracked when nah000 added those links to Oliโ€™s Tales.
    Gold for sure. Some I had read but lots I missed.

GOLD FOR SURE ! !
    nah000 was holding out on us!
    I'm still deep into those Links.

I'm looking forward to attending Redpoint University !

RedPoint U (or Redpoint Climbers Forum? - the RCF has a mainstream inclusive ring to it too.)

I also think it sounds really good when talking about "it" as the source of information. When 'talking' on other forums: "I just read over on "RCF" . . .
    or "Over on the RCF, they're saying that Boot Flake split off at the ankle and should now be called Shoe Flake".

I hope that the RCF will grow into a who's who of climbers as great a gathering around a new virtual campfire as hot & bright as the old place.
    The old place where the name "ST" morphed from a "good map" to a menu item.
    and an item on the appetizer menu, to boot.

I'm all in to do my part to make this place the "Magnum-Burrito, a full dinner menu item that serves up enough to have take home - left-overs:
    don't forget your doggy bag.

A new Virtual-space, an actual place. a stop on the virtual super-highway where a thick climber ethos makes folks want to be climbers for life.

A fun place where all will feel welcome to garble and ramble on about back in the day and last weekend or what I climbed yesterday, even if it was only 5.3d.
    A place to get one's spoof on.

A place where, while carrying, the tongue-in-cheek name "Redpoint", We shine the twin climbing-halogens of On-sight flash & 1st try with good Beta* -if not Ground-up- ethics into the dark gloom that is sure to overtake modern rock climbing as the Olympics introduces a whole new generation to plastic-pulling while calling it rock climbing . . .

Jack M, who coined that & other words was only 38yrs old when he was shot dead !!!
    Via Con Dios