The Awesome ART Thread

• I miss Tami's wit & wisdom! She dropped off ST about a year before its end. I think I might still have her email from buying books from her, but those here who are closer to her, please invite her back to this forum!

• @The-Gnome ... love that cat art, thank you kind.y... happy good eve, to all... hope to be back, later ...

• Some "temporal-art" Heidi & I created this week. It will be gone with next-year's spring runoff.

IMG_0724.JPG

• @FritzRay Nice one, Fritz! Awesome original art! Love it! 👍

• Groovin' on the Historical Artifact Art

IMG_5097.jpg

Mike and Mari offered their guest hut a couple years back and we were down for New Years. The whole place is DIY artisan.

• Math Art

Thread need electrifying.

• @jgill Seems you been having just too much fun, eh? Cool. Maybe try uploading image rather than external linking to pair, eh?

• We compared images before and my website (Pair) produced higher definition. Has that changed?

• @jgill Perhaps something was lost but I don't recall any such conclusions. No technical reason such would be the case. Try clicking on your image and then try clicking on the image I posted above it. Ah, the incredible lightness of beans....

• If you go back to my first image (in red) upstream you will see the difference between uploading (on top) and hot linking to my website (on bottom). Somehow the hot link seemed to have vanished, so I reset it.

On small devices, like smart phones, the difference may seem to be minute, but on larger higher definition screens it is clear.

• @jgill I see.

Indeed it would seem you are correct, Mr. Gill. Jpeg is a compressed, lossy format. Image upload applies a "quality" factor compression default of 80 behind the scenes. I'd thought this would also be applied to image prefetching but I guess not. So you will get slightly higher resolution perception on various images where maybe a png would better suite.

The link cleanup function dislikes links that appear broken due to being http only, I guess. Nowadays we encrypt everything. As long as miscreants keep upping the ante in their mischief, the higher will rise the bar of expected good practices. HTTP being deprecated is right around the corner. Good news is TLS certificates are free nowadays. And relatively easy. Check out Let's Encrypt. Maybe one of many Certbot Acme clients.

Quoting Wikipedia Let's Encrypt article:

Current initiatives of major browser developers such as Mozilla and Google to deprecate unencrypted HTTP are counting on the availability of Let's Encrypt.

• Thanks for the information. I've purchased an SSL certificate from Pair.

Math Art

Dream of Gold