What song are you listening to?

• @zBrown said in What song are you listening to?:

https://postimages.org/

Heh, they use the same "pile of bear shit" icon we do. Which is actually a cloud with an arrow pointing up. Should be pretty easy to grok: Upload to the Internet, which is kind of synonymous with "Cloud" nowadays. At least that is what the marketroids want us to think.

Toss the shipped cdrkit into the choss pile and grab cdrtools. Far superior. Unless you're a Penguinista GPL Fascista... And even then... just use Cdrtools/Cdrecord... πŸ’Ώ πŸ“€

JΓΆrg Schilling may have a reputation for being a bit of a pita but that is only because he's a freakin' perfectionist. Also not a Fascist Penguinista and believes software should be portable, i.e. does not subscribe to the "Unix Must Die" mantra popularized by certain for profit Linux distros. Adding insult to injury, he was/is a Solaris guy. Naturally the Penguinistas just had to hate him and used that as an excuse to reinvent the wheel so they could claim their own fame and gory story. Entre vous inferior cdrkit... wh/imho is a steaming pile o' choss that has no clue about optical drive jitter and such.

So, uhmm... yeah... just grab ye' some Cdrtools/Cdrecord.

now the way to go is a phone...

Uhh... you really think so? You got a flac play back chain and any ompamps on that puppy that can power a decent set of cans? Hhmm... maybe I am being too critical and you're using phone as digital storage device to connect up to your DAW? But then that doesn't really count since you're no longer playing back via actual phone, eh? Or is this more a matter of convenience?

Oh yeah, one more puppy fer' ye... Ripit. Not sure how maintained that is nowadays. For bit perfect rips I would borrow a Winwoes box, look into dBpweramp reference edition and read up on Spoon's Stuff.

Maybe I am lamer w/this technical 'chit and all you want to do is dance to some compressed mp3's, eh? πŸ‘―

Party on, Wayne! 🍸

P.S.; RIO on all of above is contingent upon how "golden" yer' ears are. I'm not a young pup anymore and mine are not.

Edit: The above is Linux/Unix specific. M$ and Mac users need not grok. 😜

• Question :
    ever feel like Rip Van Winkle?

Last night I spent three hours taking apart my 'Dubbing Deck' all those 2nd Gen. Cassettes, of shows that I went to & I can't remember.

Well used to the point of failure, regrettably, there is a short & when you push play or when the bass notes play, the vibration shut down the rig....

CDs? I have hundreds too
    but the elaborate*(wrong word*) Glorified golf cart, has a 4 disc player

As luck was It was a copy of a1998 'Little Feat' show where the band was reprising 'Waiting For Columbus" that was eaten by the wheels,
    Stay calm & ask for the patience to unsnarl the mess

@toby said in What song are you listening to?:

@zBrown said in What song are you listening to?:

https://postimages.org/

Heh, they use the same "pile of bear shit" icon we do. Which is actually a cloud with an arrow pointing up. Should be pretty easy to grok: Upload to the Internet, which is kind of synonymous with "Cloud" nowadays. At least that is what the marketroids want us to think.

Toss the shipped cdrkit into the choss pile and grab cdrtools. Far superior. Unless you're a Penguinista GPL Fascista... And even then... just use Cdrtools/Cdrecord... 😜

JΓΆrg Schilling may have a reputation for being a bit of a pita but that is only because he's a freakin' perfectionist. Also not a Fascist Penguinista and believes software should be portable, i.e. does not subscribe to the "Unix Must Die" mantra popularized by certain for profit Linux distros. Adding insult to injury, he was/is a Solaris guy. Naturally the Penguinistas just had to hate him and used that as an excuse to reinvent the wheel so they could claim their own fame and gory story. Entre vous inferior cdrkit... wh/imho is a steaming pile o' choss that has no clue about optical drive jitter and such.

So, uhmm... yeah... just grab ye' some Cdrtools/Cdrecord.

now the way to go is a phone...

Uhh... you really think so? You got a flac play back chain and any ompamps on that puppy that can power a decent set of cans? Hhmm... maybe I am being too critical and you're using phone as digital storage device to connect up to your DAW? But then that doesn't really count since you're no longer playing back via actual phone, eh? Or is this more a matter of convenience?

Oh yeah, one more puppy fer' ye... Ripit. Not sure how maintained that is nowadays. For bit perfect rips I would look into dBpweramp reference edition and read up on Spoon's Stuff.

Maybe I am lamer w/this technical 'chit and all you want to do is dance to some compressed mp3's, eh? πŸ‘―

Party on, Wayne! 🍸

P.S.; RIO on all of above is contingent upon how "golden" yer' ears are. I'm not a young pup anymore and mine are not.

What?

When you get confused listen to the music play

..,A SHOVEL GUITAR, THE STRAT KING OF EUROPE, & A GUITARIST FOR THE JACKSON 5 WALK INTO A BAR...

• Well as I noted at Lossless Legs

I feel kinda bad that I have terabytes of dutifully downloaded Lossless stuff and I never even access it.

I enjoy the technical banter too but I rarely access it

I love the Crazy Dolls in a limited kind a way

Love minus zero?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRQUw25m6U

Oh yeah

The range of hearing for a healthy young person is 20 to 20,000 hertz. The hearing range of humans gets worse with age. People lose the ability to hear sounds of high frequency as they get older. The highest frequency that a normal middle-aged adult can hear is only 12-14 kilohertz. Also, the hearing range for men worsens more quickly than the hearing range for women.

Hand jive?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_2S9tKyKA34

• From the Crankit' Department

Brave - The Muse πŸ•Ί πŸ’ƒ πŸ‘―

Warmin' Up the B&W's

<kvg@loon:~>% mixer
    Mixer vol is currently set to 66:66
    Mixer treble is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer synth is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer pcm is currently set to 33:33
    Mixer speaker is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer line is currently set to 75:75
    Mixer mic is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer cd is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer mix is currently set to 0:0

Yeah, mon.... we got lot's of headroom left yet boys and girls. 🎧

Philippe El Sisi feat. Sue McLaren - The last hope (Mohamed Ragab Remix)

"A perfect balancing act between floor filling synth-sounds and soothing vocal lines.... Twisting effects backed up with pumping beats come and go in a continuous stream that don't need anything else but Sue's voice."

Eargasm perceived. πŸ‘

<kvg@loon:~>% mixer
    Mixer vol is currently set to 88:88
    Mixer treble is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer synth is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer pcm is currently set to 38:38
    Mixer speaker is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer line is currently set to 75:75
    Mixer mic is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer cd is currently set to 0:0
    Mixer mix is currently set to 0:0

Neptune project vs Luke Bond - Atlantis (Temple One Remix)

Party on, Wayne! πŸŽ‰

• This past weekend was the Blue Grass/Folk Rock/ Jam Band Festival weekend, The Peach & the Newport, were only a few hundred miles apart & shared many of the same acts.
    ( years ago, decades now, I'd have been working one or another)

Newport Folk Festival, 7/28/2019

Todd Snider β€œTalking Reality Television Blues” Live at Newport Folk Festival, 7/26/19
    Whole sets are messed up with terrible sound, some reverb, (& a turned-off microphone , for the whole Rachel Price/Preservation Jazz band set)
    Alynda Segarra (Hurray for the Riff Raff) with Brandi Carlile and the Preservation Hall Jazz Band β€œIf I Had a Hammer” Live at Newport Folk Festival, July 28, 2019.

This was the 60th anniversary of the Newport Folk Festival and what would have been Pete Seeger’s 100th birthday.

![0_1564801774241_DSCI0150-2napa(3)_758x800.jpg](Uploading 100%)
    Although all the acts had a moment or two, a few stood out

Linda Perry with Brandi Carlile & Jade Bird β€œWhat’s Up” Live at Newport Folk Festival, July 27, 2019

I'll add a few more
    {Hard to pick, impossible to put in order}Going by the depth of one or more of the mixes,

Billed as the 1st all women headlined Newport Festival, It is was hard to pick?

it was a toss-up between a band made up of Alison Brown on banjo, Sierra Hull on mandolin, Missy Raines on bass, Molly Tuttle on guitar and Becky Buller on fiddle*.
    Sierra Hull & Molly Tuttle, have played together for a decade since they were kids
    Yola and the "First Ladies of Bluegrass β€œSisters Are Doing It For Themselves”
    & The effervescent pairing of Rhiannon Giddens, Amythist Kyah, Leyla McCalla, Allison Russell, w/Mavis Staples, Hozier, Jason Isbell,
    "Our Native Daughters" and Preservation Hall Jazz Band β€œKeep Your Eyes On the Prize”

& I'm A big fan of what happens live when the band
    "I'm With Her", plays, ~ Like this
    "Hear Jeruselum Moan"

Those girls can pull off some vibez

And so can others, just like
    Molly Tuttle & Billy Strings. "Little Sadie"

as you can tell when this, that is only a C+, as it is owned by an over-mic'd violin
    & still Molly Tuttle w/ Billy Strings, pulls it off,
    "Cold Rain And Snow"

There were some high moments from Warren Haynes, with & without Phill Lesh & The Family Band as many of those songs were great this set fulfilled the Folk Fest, vibe
    Warren Haynes is joined by Jason Isbell, Lukas Nelson, and Jonathan Wilson
    β€œFind the Cost of Freedom” and β€œMasters of War” Live at the Newport Folk Festival, Newport, RI, July 26, 2019

The Peach Music Festival at Montage Mountain, Moosic, Pa on July 28, 2019
    Warren Haynes and Grace Potter July 28, 2019

Find The Cost Of Freedom into Can't Find My Way Home

• @The-Gnome Never knew about the Newport Folk Festival. Only the Newport Jazz Festival. And I was naive enough at the time to think it was in Newport Beach, CA. Have Mercy!! 😜

Worthy as that stuff may be, it's too mellow fer' the tasks at hand and blowing me' groove on.. ⚑

So it's back to some Aly & Fila and Future Sounds of Egypt fer' me!

Aly & Fila Feat. Tiff Lacey - Paradise (Club Mix) πŸ•Ί πŸ’ƒ

Bryan Kearney & Snatam Kaur - Ong Namo (Neptune Project's In Search of the Mayan's Remix)

The rain is pouring down
    Like all the souls you sent here
    Coming to this earth
    To find healing

Mother earth takes in the rain
    Like your heart takes my voice
    Let us free eachother
    With our prayers, with our voice

And I'm coming home
    And I'm coming

Ong namo guru dev namo
    Ong namo guru dev namo

Oh, my beloved
    Kindness of the heart
    Breath of life
    I bow to you

Divine teacher
    Beloved friend
    I bow to you
    Again and again

Lotus sitting on the water
    Beyond time and space
    This is your way
    This is your grace

Ong namo guru dev namo
    Ong namo guru dev namo

Eargasm Achieved! πŸŽ†

• Old tapes news

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1-6BrvhllvEQdLfX37nptdarjrW57zm2O?usp=sharingOtis Redding
    July 1965
    Europe

unknown European venue, possibly in Germany

Lineage: SBD -> unknown -> CD -> dBpoweramp -> flac(5)

01 - I've Been Loving You Too Long
    02 - A Change Is Gonna Come
    03 - Rock Me Baby
    04 - Ole Man Trouble
    05 - Respect
    06 - Satisfaction
    07 - Keep Your Arms Around Me
    08 - A Woman, A Lover, A Friend
    09 - Home In Your Heart
    10 - These Arms Of Mine
    11 - Security
    12 - Chained And Bound
    13 - Mr. Pitiful

Notes:
    band not introduced during this recording but probably
    backed by Booker T. & the M.G.'s as, at one point, Otis
    says "play the blues" Steve

• Universal Religion

Susana - Home (Daniel Kandi Retrofit Remix)

I feel those days so close to me
    Pulling me home
    When I will hold you so near to me again
    I'm coming home.

Pulling me home
    I'm coming home.

Pulling me home
    I'm coming home.

Ethereal, angelic female vocals just suck you into the state of trance. So few words. So much power.

Kid Alien - The Atmosphere (Klauss Goulart's & Mark Sixma Deep Universe Remix)

I am the one with many faces
    Floating outside of time and space
    I am a man of many races
    Who always feels somewhat out of place

But maybe I can't resist the winter
    And maybe the silence carries me
    You let me know I'm not forgotten
    I wait for your call to set me free

I am the one with many faces
    Floating outside of time and space
    I am a man of many races
    Who always feels somewhat out of place

But maybe I can't resist the winter
    And maybe the silence carries me
    You let me know I'm not forgotten
    I wait for your call to set me free

I am everyone, I am no one
    Living in the center of my fears
    Won't you join me in this sweet surrender
    Disconnected from the atmosphere
    The atmosphere
    The atmosphere
    The atmosphere

I consider Armin van Buuren to be a modern day musical genius. Yeah, I have diverse tastes in music. Got into the Trance stuff circa turn of the millennium whilst slavin' away in the cube farm. Helped me shut out the surrounding cacophony. The mathematical looping yet ever evolving "State of Trance" also helped me focus. Things have since gotten a lot more high energy w/ever increasing bpm's and now opt for something a bit more "relaxed" when behind the keyboard. Or, increasingly, pure silence now that I am free of the cube farm ball and chain. Still groove on the energy when it comes to getting house chores done! 😜

I am curious what @ksolem thinks about use of computer not just for digital mixing but as a mode of composition itself? Methinks Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, Debussy, etc. would surely groove on and avail themselves of such technology were it available during their days?

• Connor Hirst
    life is too short to read youtube comments

Thanks Connor

So why not cut and paste stuff? I do not know.

Quote from: arfarf on July 31, 2019, 09:32:26 PM

ok many answers
    -normal audio on vhs/beta is recorded like cassette = along the length of the tape
    -hi fi audio ...... is recorded in angular slices across the width of the tape @ 20 - 20,000Htz 80db I think at any speed
    db could be higher

-PCM on video tape when done with external PCM unit uses the video signal (and can be seen as moving bar codes if you hook a TV to the video output) very hypnotizing to see as you hear

sometimes tapes had more than one signal used
    PCM on the video tracks, HI FI with the same source or different source
    Charlie Miller has shared some that had SBD on PCM and aud mics on the hifi tracks
    this must be done at the same time, all tracks recorded at once

I am not familiar with the later VCRs that had PCM built in VHS/Beta

8mm video I do have some info
    they had units with PCM and HI FI

you could take a tape that was recorded on, and record a new PCM track without harming the previous video or hi fi tracks

DBX I have limited info on

only knowing that analog must be both encoded on recording
    and decoded for playback

billtmcdee has more info because he used this for his recordings to cassette, away currently

internal DBX you only set levels on deck
    external DBX at least 2 if not 3 levels needed to be set

I do not think you would see DBX PCM

unless the analog was DBX, it was decoded then the copy is PCM

the DBX would only serve as a cleaner source, given if everything else were the same

• Gatemouth Brown Jammin' Salmon w/some Canned Heat - Live at Montreux

Canned Heat & Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown - Please Mr. Nixon

Git' ye' some Hooker n' Heat while yer' at it, eh?

Canned Heat were pretty cool blues/rockers bitd in that they used their fame and popularity to help highlight the brilliance of several black artists from which they'd drawn influence and inspiration. Looks like they're alive and well and still jammin' some reheated canned salmon (classic record/cd sales), as well as live events.

Rock on! 🎸

• Eargasm Spasm Perceived

Niklas Harding & Funabashi - Addictive (Mat Zo Remix) πŸ”ˆ πŸ‘

I've jacked into this I don't know how many times. Every time same result being: Deserves a Replay (tm) πŸ‘―

Let the 'Choon Train Roll, Baby!!!

πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹ πŸš‹

Hot Damn! Now I am going to have to cue up some Mat Zo 🎧 πŸ‘

From the expand yer' old and grey but still here today horizons secret decoder ring depatment! πŸ’ƒ πŸ•Ί

• Cousin gBrown is cited by the Crazy Dolls as a primary influence

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OByBLXekUdA

With local hero Carlos, sa

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vseuUyU06dM

• Stevie Ray Vaughan - Montreux 1985 - FULL CONCERT 🎸

Johnny Copeland guests on a couple tunes. Not the best streaming quality but heck, it was 1985, eh?! Nevertheless, one of the great masters of all time. Makes it looks so damn effortless as well.

Recommended. πŸ‘

• GD palladium in Hoolywod

1972-09-10

Grateful Dead
    Hollywood Palladium
    Hollywood, CA
    1972-09-10

Soundboard Master-Reel > Reel (1st gen) > DAT 2x (44.1 kHz)

Set I

1. //Bertha
    2. Greatest Story Ever Told
    3. Mississippi Half-Step Uptown Toodeloo
    4. Black-Throated Wind
    5. Bird Song
    6. The Promised Land
    7. Deal
    8. El Paso
    9. Sugaree
    10. Playing In The Band
    11. //Casey Jones

Set II

1. He's Gone >
    2. Truckin'
    3. Ramble On Rose
    4. Beat It On Down The Line
    5. Black Peter
    6. Dark Star* >
    7. Bass-Drums/Jam * >
    8. Jack Straw*// >
    9. // Sing Me Back Home*
    • with David Crosby on guitar

notes:

• this version of this classic show has been provided by an anonymous source
    • there is no cassette gen. in the lineage of this documented source
    • the original sound has not been altered in any form
    • Sugar Magnolia and OMSN(Encore) is missing
    • all level fluctuations had been corrected
    • occasional static and some other pops and clicks had been removed
    • the (//) cuts at the start or end and between many of the songs had been softened for smooth transitions
    • all files are tagged

edited and mastered
    BRUNO
    April 2013

• Those are good ones J

Danke

Here's one that is reminiscent of Dynamite Annie (to some of us)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kfQg3MdJRRQ

• @The-Gnome

Speakin' of New Jersey....