Shipping to PO Boxes

• I read Bridewell's Hammer thread, but it's locked so I can't post to it. Anyway, a tip concerning one of the messages.

Outfits like FedEX and UPS do not ship to Post Office boxes, however, so a shipping address would be nice if possible.

You can have UPS & FedEX deliver to PO Boxes at many Post Offices, it's called Competitive PO Box Services. The United States Postal Service® offers customers in approximately 6,400 offices throughout the country the option of using a PBSA (Postoffice Box Street Address) as an equivalent of the customer’s traditional P.O. Box-style address.

With this service, you will have the option of using the street address of this Post Office location for your mailing
    address in addition to your PO Box number. For example, if a Post Office is located on 500 Main Street and you
    have PO Box 59, your mail would be addressed 500 Main Street #59. You will also be able to use the street
    address to receive most packages and deliveries through private carriers, such as UPS and FedEx.
    Both Street Addressed mail and PO Box addressed mail can be delivered to your PO Box.

I signed up years ago and it works without a hitch. Essentially you fill out a form that allows your Post Office to sign for FedEX & UPS packages. There's limitations, no alcohol, less than 70 pounds, you get the idea.

• Back to the hammer; what did you have you wanted to post?

And welcome! Glad you are posting up.

• @johntp Nothing really. I have no clue where Jim's hammer is and was never involved in that ethereal crowd. Just wanted to point out you can send stuff to PO Box using FedEX/UPS if the recipient sets it up.

BTW, I was a hardman back in the '70s, have a bunch of gear from then, ropes, losta pins & blades, a hammer, bongs, nuts (Hexcentrics), Rurps & hard boot crampons, all worthless, prior to cams. I just hadn't the strength, ripped up my hands & suffered some arrested falls where I said no more.

So now I'm a walkup guy, get to the highest peaks by the easiest route is my game these days. It's still fun and having a few ancient gear stuff makes it doable if it's iffy. Sorry about my piton scars.

• @manmountain said in Shipping to PO Boxes:

have a bunch of gear from then, ropes, losta pins & blades, a hammer, bongs, nuts (Hexcentrics), Rurps & hard boot crampons, all worthless

Not if you sell them on eBay; anything with a diamond C is hot. Post some pics up on the vintage gear thread.

and yeah, I remember you from ST.