Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty....the Cat Thread

• Harley (the cat) bump!

Donini & Harley. Jim knew how to turn on Harley's laser-eyes function.

Harley-the laser eye cat..JPG

• Harley is really a nice cat, most of the time. When he took possession of my laptop & gave me "the look," I didn't want to mess with him.

Laptop.JPG

"Hey! Is that a mouse?"
    IMG_7368.JPG

• Two oranges

IMG_2109.JPG IMG_0302.JPG

• IMG_0010.JPG

My kid Iggy with a baby African Lion at the Guadalajara Zoo

• @Scole Coolio. How old, eh? 🐕

• "Coolio. How old, eh?"

The cat or the kid? Iggy is 15 now, this was about five years ago. The cat was about 2 months old I think.

• Never really liked cats. Plus I'm allergic.
    Then, about 3 years ago, I rescued one...
    My allergy is slowly subsiding and I like her!

• @Scole Nice. A great age. Enjoy these last few years before he fledges, eh?

@ACOPA Sigh.... I am allergic as well. Never anything against cats other than they seemed to have something against me. I am mainly a dog person but into animals in general. Maintained a small pack during my recreational musher days in AK. I dig the big social cats, e.g. Serengeti Lion. Very interesting documentary on Netflix called something like "Saving Sirga: Journey Into the Heart of a Lion". Toby recommended. 👍 🐕

• Fall arrived here last night with a storm, & daytime temps have gone from the mid-90's f. to the mid 70's today. At 6:30 PM tonight Harley (the cat) wanted some sunshine & Heidi helped him out with an elevated sun-bath platform.

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2340.JPG

• @FritzRay

!Aye, caramba!

Some people's cats, eh?!!

• @FritzRay mine would love that sun... they are busy getting 'kitty baths' now... (been a bad month, for flea issues, this last part of summer)...! will post a pic, a bit later... 🙂

• @was-dar , hey there say, 'was-dar'... awwww.. .thanks for sharing... so very nice! two of mine, are about 15? and one perhaps 9???? ... but, two died of old age... in the late 22, and 23 years old, ...

• IMG_2214.jpg

• @NickG say, nick... wow, i can 'feel that stretch' from kitty, there... awww... (got to go back to sleep, got up to feed critters...) ...

say, please, help-- is this the right way to post, here on the cat thread, do he just respond to the last post, etc... ?

my cats all went through a 'bad flea' time... (not fleeing from each other, around the house, of course) ... but 'fleeing, or, trying to, flee, the fleas' climbing up into spots that they NEVER been into, before... was awful, they are MUCH better now...

salt all over the floor, (the spays, are so strong) ... and-- they are washed, and have capstar, too, oh my... here is ONE of the 'then, unhappy cats'... she is NOW happy and stretching out, just like cats, should... 🙂 (will see if all the pics, will post-- if not-- just one for now... night night, all...!
    THESE-- WERE 'after' BATH PHOTOS... oh my... was a sight to behold, 😮 i love my cats, so very much... (dog had trouble, too) 😞

IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

IMG_2387.JPG

• last summer when we got back from out trip Hugo was a total flea bag. His cat sitter didn't feel comfortable applying bthe frintline and that stuff is hit and miss anyways. . I gave him a dose and it did nothing but I had to wait 30 days before trying anything else... It was bad. I got him a fancy very expensive flea collar and it cleared up completely in about 3 days. No more ticks as well.

• @NickG say, wow, nick... thanks for sharing... yeah, i got frontline on them now, too... not sure how it will go... i'm so very thankful that i had not had this trouble in years, past... will post a MUCH better and happier cat pick, soon, 🙂

• I am completely cured from frontline. it is very spotty. seems like in my experience you have a 50 50 chance of it working somewhat depending on how much the cat squirmed while you were trying to apply it. Then if it doesn't work you can't take the chance of re applying or trying something else for at least 30 days or risk overdosing. then there is the whole thing on how invasive it is to put poison directly into your cats bloodstream. Frontline never worked with ticks. period. 100% failure rate. flea collar was $65 bucks but good for 8 months and has been 100% effective with both fleas and ticks.

• Fleas are such a dilemma

I used to bathe and flea comb

Pretty labor intensive

Garlic?

I wonder if turmeric would work

I am cat sitting

All the friends I ever had are now gone

Except for the orange feral

IMG_2390.JPG

• @zBrown -- say, GOOD to hear from you... here is my floor... and, (hee hee) my NEW CAT to add to my three left... the others died of old age (22 and 23 years old) ...

will post the 'group pic' later, all the cats, that were my buddies, here.. i need to go do the wash, and study, and paint, tomorrow (i hope) ... so will be back, tomorrow, 🙂

salt really does kill the eggs, however, you may 'also lose all the friends, human, if they come over and see this... 😉

night now... hugs to all you taco folks!

IMG_2441x.jpg

IMG_2384.JPG

• This post is deleted!