Happie's RPU Premier "Happiegrrrl Hits the Road" Thread

• Slow leak and losing fluids normal for old rigs. fast leak and gushing =bad. Screw the ticking sound. let her go until she shows her true colors. that's the easiest way to get a correct diagnosis 😉 Lots of mechanics are hacks and a few are on a power trip.. They all have you over a barrel but a good one is worth gold... I found the right wheel @ a junk yard in the middle of east kaplooie. drove all the way there on the skinny doughnut spare and his credit card machine wouldn't work.. I only had 18 bucks cash and he wanted 40 for the wheel. No other stores within 10 miles for an atm. luckly one of the kids working in the back figured it out for him. yay. Got it mounted and had time to climb in the afternoon. 🙂 Hopefully you will be Ok for awhile... Don't know about you but I am getting kind of tired of shit breaking all the time. Keep buying my lottery tickets.....

• Happie-

Sorry to read about the travails. Anything I can do, you got my number. You have friends here.

What is a hood bumper?

• @johntp Thank you.

Hood bumpers are posts that cushion the front corners of the hood when it's closed ....
    maybe better to Google and see the pictures if that doesn't make sense.

• @NickG said in Happie's RPU Premier "Happiegrrrl Hits the Road" Thread:
    Don't know about you but I am getting kind of tired of shit breaking all the time. Keep buying my lottery tickets.....

This one had me feeling it. I think because it occurred so quickly and was also coolant issue. That was a lot of money in car repair in less than one month.

But, I know new cats have problems too, and now with the computers the simply won't move when some stupid thing that an older car would just march right through happens. And don't get me started on $600 keys!

• I just learned about hood bumpers this last summer. The hood release on my sprinter was so tight it felt like it was going to break and I needed two people to open the hood. I had to push down on the hood while someone else pulled the lever. I was super bummed thinking the cable was rusted or the latch was broken. Guy at the body shop gave the hood bumpers a few spins and the latch works like butter. learn something new every day... I only have one key to the sprinter and it looks expensive... dreading getting a spare but must do so before a big trip...

• hey there say, happie... still keeping in touch, by facebook... some 'stuff' that i have been worried about, is keeping me away from here... (being too busy, is what i mean... the elder lady, my friend, is not doing well, so i just can't get her out of my mind) ... thus-- it is hard to go visit and chat, and check on all my friends, here, and there, ...

i wanted to see if some one here was around to help you, or give you advice... 🙂
    it is awful to see stuff breaking all the time...
    and, as to new cars, etc...
    somehow, i feel the older NON computer stuff is better...
    yep-- the older cars 'just march on through' ...
    trucks, too...

i know i didn't help much, but, just wanted you to know i am here for you, 🙂

• Thanks Neebee. I'm okay, but I know I really must buy a new van sometime soon. As you saw on Facebook, I am saving money, with additional via a GoFundMe(yeah, I'm sure that will bring out the WF well-wishers), to buy some lapidary equipment. I am about 40% to the stated goal, but really if I am able to get the cab machine(the seller is holding it for me), a trim saw, and a supply of oil and a few saw blades, I will be ready to roll. I'm to the point I can sell $25 and higher cabochons. My aunt has offered to loan me what I need, and I said I felt I would be good without a loan. But then she said "well maybe there's something else you can use it for." Not that I want to do that, but if worse came to worse, I would not be left stranded somewhere.

Nonetheless - I am still afraid to open the radiator cap again, since the last two times.... I know that's not rational. But since the water ump, the temperature does not really raise up. I need to sit and let it go for a while, because I am wondering if the sensor is screwed up(I assume there's a sensor that raises the gauge). Clearly I can't drive around more that in town just trusting it's not getting hot enough yet....

• Oh - and I have the frigging flu. Its not bad compared to what some people get, but since I don't get sick even once every few years, I'm feeling like I'm toast. Have been slugging orange juice and peeing like a race horse, which is annoying at night, since my bones ache pretty badly.

• @Happiegrrrl said in Happie's RPU Premier "Happiegrrrl Hits the Road" Thread:

@johntp Thank you.

Hood bumpers are posts that cushion the front corners of the hood when it's closed ....
    maybe better to Google and see the pictures if that doesn't make sense.

Gotcha. I thought that was what you meant.

• Hope your feeling better!