SmokinDuck

• Ain't smokin' here no mo. First one voted off the island.

• The Duck got smoked?

• I suppose I will have to "clear the air" here a bit before speculation runs wild. Minor flap recently when offense was taken over a post interpreted as disrespecting Jim Bridwell. Understandable. One thing led to another and some minor drama.

Cutting to the chase: Both parties received a three day temporary ban.

On a related note, I have my doubts whether @SmoknDuck registered here is Werner Braun or an impersonator leveraging Werner's "status" to test the rules. Regardless, after tomorrow, the ball is back in their court, and they will have an opportunity to play nice... or not.

• That is NOT Werner. SmokinDuck is a poser that posts on WF as "St00pid", where he (it?) post equally annoying crap. He started posting on ST as SmoknDuck when it was in it's death throes. For some reason he gets his jollies using Werner's ST trademarks.

• @johntp said in SmokinDuck:

For some reason he gets his jollies using Werner's ST trademarks.

Perhaps. But don't forget that Werner's prime ST trademark was to drop a turd into every punchbowl he saw. Sure, he occasionally posted something good, but probably over 90% of his posts were net negative.

• @David-Harris said in SmokinDuck:

@johntp said in SmokinDuck:

For some reason he gets his jollies using Werner's ST trademarks.

Perhaps. But don't forget that Werner's prime ST trademark was to drop a turd into every punchbowl he saw. Sure, he occasionally posted something good, but probably over 90% of his posts were net negative.

Werner was a cynical poster for sure, but I can assure you SmokinDuck was not Werner; Werner doesn't hide behind an anonymous persona.

• @johntp how can you assure us that was not Werner? It walked like a duck and smoked like a duck as in every post sure sounded like him.

I read many posts by him on gear collection threads telling people to throw away their outdated stuff and admonished those who felt attached to, or fetishized those items.

• @Alfalfa said in SmokinDuck:

@johntp how can you assure us that was not Werner? It walked like a duck and smoked like a duck as in every post sure sounded like him.

I read many posts by him on gear collection threads telling people to throw away their outdated stuff and admonished those who felt attached to, or fetishized those items.

I've read the posts by st00pid on WF, and by SmoknDuck here. No, I can't 100% assure the two are not Werner, but Werner as I know him would not hide behind a false name. Also, although the character seems to display similar traits, I am confident it is an impersonator enough to put up $100 to anyone can show it is. Should be simple for toby to track down the IP address.

His moniker on ST was "WBraun". If Werner wanted to participate either here or on WF, he would likely use the same. If you remember the final days of ST, SmoknDuck showed up there as a parody of Werner.

I just don't see Werner as the type to take on an alternate persona.

But he does like to mess with people, so who knows?

• Herr Braun had somewhat over 28k posts on ST

Here's one - how could anyone be offended?

May 25, 2019 - 06:30pm PT
    Meh ...... all st00pid.

I'm going over to NASCAR forums where people are far more intelligent than st00pid climbers.

They even know all the answers to "What is Mind" on the NASCAR forums.

They don't need to guess as the cars are going only one way around in circles while Budweiser is flowing all day.

Plus they like guns and sh!t not like these pansy ass supertopo people .....

He offered a lot of good tech help to folks

I never counted