Slideshow, Food and Fun in JTree

• @Happiegrrrl That would be awesome if you can. I plan on being there and it would be great to see you again. And Toby, I don't think FB splinters our community. I don't see how those on it, if they also joined here, would pollute RPU. It's not a who is better situation for me. I am on both and enjoy both. You have done a fantastic job putting this together and like kids, give it time to grow and for people to get used to the format and how to do things such as post pics etc. FB has been around quite a while and it's comfortable for people to use. Long day, don't know if this makes sense. Cheers All, lynnie

• @LynneLeicht Part of my reply was in response to some folks who've lamented the FB group's existence as having divided the community and spread it to an inferior platform. Their words. Yeah, several people have expressed such laments to me independently of each other. To wit, in case it was not clear: My use of the word "pollution" was referencing the type of content reportedly typically posted there, not the group members themselves.

I don't do FB at all and have no clue what goes on with that group, only that these same folks also complain that it is lame. You are correct, however, in that I should not judge, especially off of second hand info. I guess when you have multiple people expressing similar sentiments it is easy to be tempted to drop into crowd think. My bad.

• Too far away for me... getting ready to hunker down for winter .. and I never got the JT feaver…. wish I knew where the FB page was....

• @NickG Forum Search is your friend. A few links to it have been posted in various threads hereabouts if'n RPU isn't floatin' yer' boat.... Once again, I don't do FB so don't have it bookmarked. 🐕

• @NickG Supertaco Refugee's. I share this forum with them also. Redpoint has the ability to have a real dedicated Thread for separate trip reports, and other thread topics more like ST had. FB can't do this very well, at least in my opinion.

• just looking for people. wish they would come over here. its takes more than just a few active posters to make a community. the name is unfourtunate. redpoint pretty much alienates anyone over 50... also dislike the format of all the catagories. takes too much time and splinters the conversation. one big category was actually part of the tacos brilliance as much as many of you hated it.. it worked. I almost never go past our off belay forum . it's my form of protest and I don't have the time to open a bunch of different pages to see whats going on.

• @NickG said in Slideshow, Food and Fun in JTree:

and I don't have the time to open a bunch of different pages to see whats going on.

You don't have to open them all. Just check the "unread" icon at the top of the page and have a quick look through what has been posted since you last checked in. Sure, it takes a minute or two to click on the posts you aren't interested in so that "unread" doesn't fill with a hundred things, but it gives you a very quick look at what's going on.

As to the name, well, really, who cares. I'm so far past 50 that I can't even see it in the rearview mirror, and the only thing I redpoint these days is the blue route at the gym, but this seems like a pretty good place. Might be better if some younger folks joined in, but that takes time. Neither rec.climbing nor supertopo blossomed into full flower overnight -- it took time for both to fill up with interested and interesting folks.

Will that happen here? I don't know. All I can say is that I like what you post and hope you keep posting it.

Here's one to keep the stoke -- for both climbing and posting -- alive:

Mari on Sunshine Breakfast p3 01.jpg

• @David-Harris said in Slideshow, Food and Fun in JTree:

@NickG said in Slideshow, Food and Fun in JTree:

and I don't have the time to open a bunch of different pages to see whats going on.

You don't have to open them all. Just check the "unread" icon at the top of the page and have a quick look through what has been posted since you last checked in. Sure, it takes a minute or two to click on the posts you aren't interested in so that "unread" doesn't fill with a hundred things, but it gives you a very quick look at what's going on.

Additionally, after you've finished reading the posts which trip your trigger, click on the "Mark as Read" pull down menu and select "All". You'll never have to see the uninteresting stuff in your "Unread" view again. 😉

• not that Im not interested just liked it better all in one place. anyways no biggie. I like the place and hope more folks show up and stay even though I have little intrest in redpointing these days. I am just happy to get up it 🙂

• IMG_3234.jpg

My 2nd ice lead of the season last year. Will be lucky to climb anything harder than grade 3 this year unless something drastic changes with my shoulder...….