Temporarily Locked Out

• I started posting in July or August (I haven't passed the 180 day point) but earlier this week I was locked out for 24 hours or so. I changed my password, even though that wasn't the problem.
    I tried to send an email to the administrators but it kicked back.

The next day it worked fine.

Many thanks for giving us a place to hang our hats.

• @Tobia

Ah, Tobia, although you've been 'round these parts 'fer a while, you've yet establish sufficient "reputation" so are throttled to x/posts per minute. The governor details escape me at present but... cutting to the chase... I just up voted your RL post so ye' be up to two.

• Some RPU folks need to up vote a Tobia's post so he can hit the magic number and join the full throttle cool club...

Cuz even though I could up vote a few more, I figure I need to leave most of the vetting to the RPU community at large.

Rock on! Now I need to go post up in the tunes thread cuz' the Master of the Telecaster is fsck'ing shredding it up! 🎸

✌ 🐕

Edit: For additional commentary on this subject see https://forums.redpointuniversity.com/topic/101/facelift-2019/28

• @toby said in Temporarily Locked Out:

@Tobia

Ah, Tobia, although you've been 'round these parts 'fer a while, you've yet establish sufficient "reputation" so are throttled to x/posts per minute. The governor details escape me at present but... cutting to the chase... I just up voted your RL post so ye' be up to two.

• Some RPU folks need to up vote a Tobia's post so he can hit the magic number and join the full throttle cool club...

Cuz even though I could up vote a few more, I figure I need to leave most of the vetting to the RPU community at large.

Rock on! Now I need to go post up in the tunes thread cuz' the Master of the Telecaster is fsck'ing shredding it up! 🎸

✌ 🐕

Edit: For additional commentary on this subject see https://forums.redpointuniversity.com/topic/101/facelift-2019/28

Didn't see anything in the Edit link to shed any light; maybe missed it while skimming it. If it is the Tobia I think it is, I'll vouch for him.

• @johntp

A search for "120s delay" should get you there 😜

@Tobia is now "vetted". It's not too difficult once you grok the system.

✌

• @toby
    That makes perfect sense and i will be the first to admit that I didn't read much of the rules in order to keep my welcome. I used to post a lot on Off Topic threads on the taco, but got tired of the endless bickering, the hate of people because they had Faith and all the other trouble that went on at the taco stand. A lot of hate goes a long way.

Can't say I didn't contribute at first, but I quickly learned that only certain topics interested me, history of climbing, books and photographs, both the bird and dog thread and a lot of the humor. I miss a lot of the personalities and at the same time don't care to remember many of them. I am sure I was looked at in the same light.

You have started something here that I didn't think was possible, I hope many people will discover this site and/or lurk and post. I see Mastadon joined. I know he won't speak unless he has something worth sharing.

I will bide my time and maybe grow up to be like my friend Zb and post as often as i want. He is quite the character. I only understand about a third of his diatribes, (I think he likes it that way) and other times I seem to read between the lines like a gypsy woman, the same one that talked to Muddy Waters.

I still burn cd's but I don't understand a ¼ of the technical jargin used. I used to be right in the middle somewhere. The burner you wrote about, will it work on Windows? Is it Free? I can't afford to switch back to vinyl, I still have two functional multi disc players, but I am lazy and usually just put the disc in a DVD player. I miss the clarity of vinyl and analog. My stereo is all analog, so I can get some clarity of sound. (Zb, I have a boom box I would be glad to ship you). It even has a cassette player, but that need a little work)

Thanks for explaining the lock-down.

ZB, if you read this you better cast a vote for me and thanks for posting Emma's picture. My sister painted it for me.

• @Tobia Thanks for your kind comments. Glad you got it sorted. 👍

Enjoy the RPU campfire. 🔥

🐕

• Tobia! Welcome! I just upvoted one of your posts. Glad to have you around.

• @FritzRay

Many thanks FitzRay. I appreciate the confidence.

Tobia

• @toby hey there, say, and oh my... sorry to hear this... 😮 is all well now? i have never seen a 'vote thing' before...
    so odd... how can i help, please...

we used to work by mutual care, and join in... voting must be a modern way-- however, it looks like it is a way to 'accept or reject' folks...
    (something happened to me, i remember and i could not post) ... toby fixed it...

i hope this gets fixed... tobia, friend, you have a mainstay, at taco, like so many of us...
    oh my....

• @Tobia oh my, say-- tobia... i do not know how to do these votes things... man oh man... i will try... and, look...

having lots of 'local help things' i need to do, so my posting, is not up to how it was, at the taco...
    such a good trail, to jump in there and help each other, and always know you were 'up to par' as to post...

i will try to help, my friend... hang in there...

• @neebee

I will endeavor to illuminate:

1. Click on a members "Avatar".

2. Observe, si vous plais, the pop up window displays both "Post Count" and "Reputation".

3. Reputation points are accumulated as RPU forum members "up vote" your posts.

4. Up voting is accomplished as via:

1. Observe, si vous plais, a the bottom, right hand side of each post are some link, from left to right:

1. "Reply" - Reply to post
        2. "Quote" - Reply includes quote of OP's post.
        3. Up Vote Caret - Up vote this post
        4. Numerical vote tally for this post.
        5. Down vote icon
        6. Three vertical dots - Edit fly out sub menu
      2. Click on lucky #3, the Up Vote Caret to express a special like fer' a particularly special post.

5. Observe, si vous plais, the OP's "Reputation" has now increased by 1.

Clear as mud? Indubitably.

Peace. ✌ 🐕

• @toby hey they, say, thanks... i reckon, it's clear... i will try and see how it goes... muchisimas gracias, for being so very kind... it helps... god bless... and a happy good eve, to you... 🙂

• @neebee said in Temporarily Locked Out:

@toby hey they, say, thanks... i reckon, it's clear... i will try and see how it goes... muchisimas gracias, for being so very kind... it helps... god bless... and a happy good eve, to you... 🙂

neebster- to rephrase what toby wrote, there is a little thing at the bottom right corner of a person's post. There is an "up" arrow and a "down" arrow with a number in the middle. It's just left of the three vertical dots. You don't have to reply to vote for a post.

I'll up-vote your last post. You will see a "1" between the arrows. It's kinda confusing because it is below the post, making it look like it is for the poster below. I figured it out when I tried to quote someone and up popped the post of the person below.

If toby didn't confuse you enough, this prolly finishes the job.

Did you get your pond freeze protected?

@neebee

Toby, do you know who neebee and tobia are? Both are really good peeps. neebs and I collaborated to pull some positive shenanigans on the ol' taco stand. Tobia is quite the music aficionado and paid his dues in C4.

• @johntp said in Temporarily Locked Out:

I'll up-vote your last post. You will see a "1" between the arrows. It's kinda confusing because it is below the post, making it look like it is for the poster below. I figured it out when I tried to quote someone and up popped the post of the person below

Observe, si vous plais, the thin, grey horizontal post separation line, wh/serves as subtle, unobtrusive cue separating posts. Oooh, la, la!!!

🐕

@johntp said in Temporarily Locked Out:

I'll up-vote your last post. You will see a "1" between the arrows. It's kinda confusing because it is below the post, making it look like it is for the poster below. I figured it out when I tried to quote someone and up popped the post of the person below

Observe, si vous plais, the thin, grey horizontal post separation line, wh/serves as subtle, unobtrusive cue separating posts. Oooh, la, la!!!

🐕

Yeah, but that thin grey line appears to separate the upper post from the lower post. To my left brained eye, the "Reply" "Quote" "Vote" "Edit" icons look like they belong to the post below.

Maybe it's just me. Mom told me I was "different".

• @johntp , hey there say, johntp... i will set it up, in mid oct... last year, thankfully it helped the fish survive... i will post, soon as i can, a fish thread... for anyone to add fish stuff, ponds, or yard stuff... the fish are just goldfish and really fun! they have grown, very well-- the last two years, though, the polor vortex, had been 'hanging around' ...

oh my... say-- THANK YOU for helping me get the 'hang' of this vote and the number ( ^ things) -- too much supertopo ingrained in me... hahahaha, to get the 'new info' retained, here, yet... 🙂

• @johntp --hope i got the upper one-notch, on your post and not mine, 🙂

yep-- some of us are tad different, i reckon, 🙂

• @johntp --- hey there, say, johntp--- awwww... yep, we were taco-through-through and, since wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back, 🙂