A Bill to end membership of the United States in the United Nations

• Another mock bill from the 2018/2019 Congressional Debate Legislation Packet. High School debaters participating in Congressional Debate events write, introduce, debate, and then vote on these. I only judged and did not have any input otherwise.

A Bill to end membership of the United States in the United Nations

BE IT ENACTED BY THE CONGRESS HERE ASSEMBLED THAT:

Section 1.

Repeal. The United Nations Participation Act of 1945, and the United Nations Headquarters Agreement Act are repealed.

Section 2.

Repeal: The removal or reversal of law.

Section 3.

The President shall terminate all membership by the United States in the United Nations, and in any organ, specialized agency, commissions, treaty, convention or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations.

A. The United States Mission to the United Nations is closed. Any remaining functions of such office shall not be carried out.

B. The United Nations (including an organ, specialized agency, commissions or other formally affiliated body of the United Nations) may not occupy or use any property or facility of the United States Government.

Section 4.

This act shall take effect on the date that is two years after the date of the enactment of this act.

Section 5.

All laws in conflict with this legislation are hereby declared null and void.

Note: Introduced for Congressional Debate by Mountain Home High School.

• @toby May as well fold up the tent on this section. Guess there just aren't any big questions anymore. ☹

• @jgill Plenty of Big Questions. The flail of this cat merely reflects the lack of desire to tackle them via mature, fact and logic based discussion and debate. Too much effort. Actual intellect also required. Hard sell in this day of 24x7 streamed click bait identity politics. Been an interesting socal experiment.

• This thread would have been successful on ST, but the political, philosophical, scientific, academic, etc. types seem to have largely left the scene. I enjoyed "What is Mind" over the years and the religion vs science threads, but they are history. I've thought of trying to re-start WisM, but Jan's attempt on Taco Salad fizzled, and let's face it, Largo vs Ed gave that thread its legs. 😢

• @jgill Admittedly a very dark period in mi' life when Largo let me down. Big time.... Oh well, I suppose John is getting pretty up there in the ages these days and maybe lost his mind or something.... Mental discipline requires increasing efforts. Sigh.... 😢