Let's get this polititard party started!

• Woot! Woot!

• Ooooooh Nooooooooo.....there goes the neighborhood! ☠ πŸ˜€

• Nah. We'll play nice. Can't speak for the trolls, though.

• trumpjeans2.jpg

• @WyoRockMan

• Claim: Trump skis in jeans

• Warrant: What looks to be a tailgate sticker? I am not sure that, in and of itself, lends much credibility to your claim. Do you have any additional evidence to support this?

• Impact: Why does/would anyone care what Trump wears if/when he skis?

Point being, I was hoping for a little higher quality signal to noise ratio on the political posts than what I'd observed some other boards descend into, eh?

Peace-- ✌

• Where's the hate? This feels so soft-core...

Berned Out? Speak your piece.

OAC? Taking it too far? Discuss.

Just here for the provocation...

• Where is the free stuff, I don’t make enough to qualify.

• @MisterE Are you suppling the popcorn?

Or better yet, tequila.

• Dr. F is here.

Apogee is here.

Wilbeer is here.

All we need is LEB (now known as Elisa) and the fireworks can begin. πŸ’₯

• @L-Aura

All we need is LEB (now known as Elisa) and the fireworks can begin. πŸ’₯

I do not want to wake him up, so I will just say that the real show cannot go on until the guy whose first name is "The" is on board as they say over on North Island.

Funny thing is we came to a strange accord in baiting one another.

• I like Pete...or Kamala.

I am Berned out.

• @MisterE Heh. Heh. I see what you did there.

• But what is it with the dems and this idiotic push to lower the voting age to 16? WTF? Really? Eighteen is marginal at best and necessary if we're going to be sending the kids off to fight and die for their country but sixteen? FWIW, I don't see it ever happening. More of a rallying cry to get younger people to vote at all.

• I am for anybody not named Don. 🎸

• @BAd-clYmber

Indeed. I have heard well reasoned arguments for raising the voting age to 21. Ditto the age for buying tobacco.

Pretty hard to argue against being old enough to die for your country but not old enough to vote or buy tobacco. Which logically leads to the question: If 18 is an insufficient "age of reason" to make make good choices about voting, tobacco and alcohol, why is it then sufficient to potentially go to war and die?

The answer? We are perhaps the biggest hypocrites in the history of the world?

On a related note, I'd be all for raising the driving age to eighteen. Insurance industry has a huge incentive to slice and dice the demographics and statistics and the proof is in the pudding on this one: younger drivers get into lots more accidents. And they're not just crashing into other young drivers.

So now we are back to personal freedoms and balance between rights to pursue life, liberty and happiness versus the common good.

Sticky wickets. Indeed.

• I haven't heard about lowering the voting age to 16, but no doubt a Democrat is driving it- younger voters tend to vote Democrat.

If there's a serious interest in this, it strikes me as a universally BAd idea (no pun, just irony). Hell, people don't seem to be mature and thoughtful enough to run their own lives until they hit closer to 30 these days.

• @apogee I think this is a topic worthy of discussion. If others feel likewise, I shall move it to it's own thread: Voting Age, or Age of Reason, or some such more descriptive title so interested parties may notice it.

• Toby, I would suggest just letting it sit for now, and see where it goes. Sometimes a comment will spur a deeper discussion, and sometimes they end quickly. Having too many threads (many with minimal content), just muddies the 'dashboard' of topics. (IMO)

• @apogee

Agree on the too many threads. Devil's Advocate: Having a conversation about age of reason, etc. scattered about a "Politard Party" thread is less than descriptive. Both can result in lost needles in the haystack. So once again, one man's meat, another's poison. Balance is an elusive quest.

I realize old habits die hard. However, we also must adjust and adapt when those habits no achieve desired goals. For example, these boards allow focusing on quality over quantity. Folks into the "post whore" game can filter by "Recent" while those more interested in quality can filter on "Popular". Just into "the new" then filter on "Unread". The user experience designers really did go the extra mile here. Unfortunately... many have yet to discover it. Give them time. 😎

P.S.; "Post whoring" is to be discouraged here. Should also be unnecessary since we have more modern boards that do not need to be gamed in such manner just to make your stuff visible. ✌

• So many delightful new phrases.

"Post whoring."

I've got some idea what it means. What's the real definition?

(P.S. trying to interact a bit with posts like these in order to gain some familiarity with the layout of the site and of threads and posts.)