YIN VS YANG - POST YOUR PHOTOS PLEASE!

• I took this photo of two cats sleeping in a barrel in Santiago Chile a few years back & thought it was a great representation of the symbols used to show Yin & Yang.

cats chile.JPG

I found a much more Yin & Yang image on a mountain hike yesterday, but first let me share some information on the subject from Wikipedia:

"Yin is the black side with the white dot in it, and yang is the white side with the black dot in it. The relationship between yin and yang is often described in terms of sunlight playing over a mountain and a valley. Yin (literally the 'shady place' or 'north slope') is the dark area occluded by the mountain's bulk, while yang (literally the "sunny place' or "south slope") is the brightly lit portion. As the sun moves across the sky, yin and yang gradually trade places with each other, revealing what was obscured and obscuring what was revealed. "

"Yin is characterized as slow, soft, yielding, diffuse, cold, wet, and passive; and is associated with water, earth, the moon, femininity, and night time."

"Yang, by contrast, is fast, hard, solid, focused, hot, dry, and active; and is associated with fire, sky, the sun, masculinity and daytime."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang

My best ever Yin vs Yang photo. Butterflies on old coyote scat.

IMG_0419.JPG

• I'm not that easily impressed ~ no up vote from me

Challenge made,

laid down a gauntlet huh?

IMG_3241.JPG

Oh Oh, this is going to be harder than I thought!

Maybe I'll just hit that Upvote after all?

• @FritzRay

Cool 😎

Especially the cats really capture it. I get the subtlety of the butterflird but dig the visual of the cats. On second look, dunno... all of these have their attraction. Nice mind food. Good job coming up with the creative expression. 👍