High Lonesome Climbers

• @David-Harris Hey David! First, thanks for not successfully killing me! That's what friendship is all about, eh?

Second, I will definitely pass on your greetings to the fam! And if there ever is a way to join you up in Powell River, I will. Sounds and looks amazing. And Mari...dang...she's restless scout! Tell her I said Hi!

• Man...what a great festival it was this year!! Didn't meet a single USAmerican climber, but met a bunch of Canadian climbers. Way to represent!

• @Moose said in High Lonesome Climbers:

Man...what a great festival it was this year!! Didn't meet a single USAmerican climber, but met a bunch of Canadian climbers. Way to represent!

This past weekend was Hot for music everywhere !
    A heatwave that had me bowing out of Grey Fox. An easy fun 3-hour run
    & I missed an amazing line-up.

It was even too hot out to go to The local
    (I mean sometimes I can hear it from my back door!)
    outdoor venue for the 70's/G-Dead tribute festival

I'll post some of the Grey Fox...

Billy Strings was "The Artist In Residence" & played a song or 2 with almost every act.

Still & Amazingly
    Knowing how real the festival jamin' is
    B Strings still made the rounds
    Billy Strings and Joe Singleton at Grillbillies at Greyfox 2019

I could not have enjoyed it due to the heat & humidity so its great to get to see these
    {It was hard to pick between them, there are 20 ! ! ~or so! & they are almost all great}

"Home of the Red Fox/Ole Slewfoot"

With Kyle Tuttle! "Run Down"
    & also you need to check out Kyle T w/ The B Strings band doing something called "15 Steps"

oh my is this some Mando! !
    Billy Strings & Jarrod Walker "Soldier's Joy"

Just Billy & Banjo
    Frosty Morn

Then It wouldn't be right to leave theses off
    The better of 2 identical videos
    Guitar Boogie Tommy Emmanuel and Billy Strings at GreyFox Bluegrass Festival 2019

This is the bonus, get past the shaky video at the start
    9 minutes with Tommy E & Billy S

• I'll check out those links, Gnome! Thanks!

A Seattle local, Chris Luquette, is doing workshops with Billy Strings in Boulder right now at Rockygrass. Chris is dang near his equivalent, and that's saying something!

Sorry you missed Grey Fox!

• @Moose and @thegnome, my buddy known on ST as Delhi dog has made several Grey Fox festivals going back 40 years I think.

Delhi D took me to see my first bluegrass band when we were housemates going to Colimbia JC near Sonora and especially, Yosemite.

Happy that my first show was by the father of the genre, Bill Monroe in a little 1849er theater in Jackson CA. Hearing Jerusalem Ridge and Muleskinner made me a fan and disciple right then and there. E everything else was "no part of nothin".

• "The First Ladies of Bluegrass"
    The group is made up of Alison Brown on banjo, Becky Buller on fiddle, Sierra Hull on mandolin, Missy Raines on bass, Molly Tuttle on guitar.
    joined by special guest Rhiannon Giddens,
    perform at "Wide Open Bluegrass" from Raleigh, NC {Friday night}, Sept. 28, 2018;

"Up Above My Head"

And ~Oh man ! they do grow up fast

AJ Lee & Blue Summit
    Gillian Welch Wayside / Back In Time
    & this just posted {written by Tom T. Hall}
    That's How I Got To Memphis

• @Alfalfa said in High Lonesome Climbers:

@Moose and @thegnome, my buddy known on ST as Delhi dog has made several Grey Fox festivals going back 40 years I think.

Delhi D took me to see my first bluegrass band when we were housemates going to Colimbia JC near Sonora and especially, Yosemite.

Happy that my first show was by the father of the genre, Bill Monroe in a little 1849er theater in Jackson CA. Hearing Jerusalem Ridge and Muleskinner made me a fan and disciple right then and there. E everything else was "no part of nothin".

Sierra Hull & Sarah Jarosz get together often
    Here, hear them performing 10 years ago at Grey Fox :
    to open up their workshop at the Bluegrass Festival Master's Stage on Friday, July 17, 2009.

Bill Monroe's "Old Dangerfield"
    https://youtu.be/u6BLSVlweIc
    &
    They played together when they were growing up !
    2006 International Bluegrass Music Association (IBMA) Youth All-Stars for "Kids On Bluegrass".

"Wayfaring Stranger"
    https://youtu.be/Ze7eDmyOXJg
    With:
    AJ Lee, , Molly Tuttle, , Sierra Hull, ,Sarah Jarosz, , Ruby Jane Smith,
    Angelica Grim, . . . . . among others

& this year; Sierra Hull with I'm With Her
    7/24/2019
    Soul of A Man Greyfox
    https://youtu.be/zLkTdsPjoiM

• @The-Gnome Sorry, just doesn't trip my trigger.

The Billy Strings and Tommy Emmanuel Working Man Blues that followed sure did though. Now that is some serious guit fiddle pickin' ... 👍

P.S.; Uhh... I'd thought this was the "Darrington Bluegrass Festival" event thread but maybe we should rename to "Kick Ass Bluegrass" thread, eg?

• @toby said in High Lonesome Climbers:

@The-Gnome Sorry, just doesn't trip my trigger.

The Billy Strings and Tommy Emmanuel Working Man Blues that followed sure did though. Now that is some serious guit fiddle pickin' ... 👍

P.S.; Uhh... I'd thought this was the "Darrington Bluegrass Festival" event thread but maybe we should rename to "Kick Ass Bluegrass" thread, eg?

Ah yes that Tommy E & Billy Strings ! !

🎸🎶🎻😎☀🌞⛱The sunshine is warping my brain
    Time for that soaring Trance . . . . . !
    &
    The songbirds are more a tip-o-the-hat to the way all these kids -Now- women have grown up together.

"KickAss~Bluegrass"

A Bluegrass Thread started by the Bluegrass picker

• @The-Gnome

Gotta go on an' git' ye' some Raineeeerrrr Beeerrrrr.... 🍺

An' maybe sum' Laugunitas IPA while yer' at it for the Californicators in the mix. 😉

Don't know @Moose and never heard him a pickin'.... Nor a grinnin'.... Still partial to "Kick Ass Bluegrass" fer' a title though. 👍