Toby Trippin' - Stanley Lake & Mt. McGowan

• Toby Life...

Evah, heard of lake life? Some Toby Trippin's...

20120718_0001.jpg

More stuff....

20120718_0002.jpg

Yet more Toby Stuff....

20120718_0003.jpg

I dummo... approachable? Hmm... 🤔

20120718_0004.jpg

20120718_0005.jpg

A lil' more zoom, zoom, zoom clickery fer' yer' boom, boom, boom!

20120718_0055.jpg

• Beautiful!

• @L-Aura Thanks bunches. Some more to come if folks take a shine to this 'un here... 🐕

Feel free to 'choon in 🎧 👯

• Toby: Since you didn't name names, I will confess to climbing the steeper parts of the left- hand ridge of the left-side peak in your last two photos back in 1974. Of course, per Idaho climbing fashions of the time, I never "wrote-up" our ascent. I report now that the rock was a little rotten & the route went at about 5.6 or 5.7.

The steep couloir just right of the top of the left-hand peak gets climbed & even skied every now & then.

• @toby Captions, man. Captions.

• Really, really needed a drink.... Mmm, nice cold water. Hope I don't get Giardia 🤔

20120718_0033.jpg

What, me worry? You serious? More likely delirious.

Heh, but the rest of y'all should...

20120718_0041.jpg

Fer' those a lil' slow on the uptake...

20120718_0046.jpg

Here's Your Sign, eh?

• Stanley Lake Inlet Reflecting Mt. McGowan

20120718_0052.jpg

And yet more zoom, zoom, zoom clickery fer' yer' boom, boom, boom!

Heh, saved the best fer' last... Enjoy! 🐕

• @toby said in Toby Trippin' - Mt. McGowan:

Stanley Lake Inlet Reflecting Mt. McGowan

20120718_0052.jpg

And yet more zoom, zoom, zoom clickery fer' yer' boom, boom, boom!

Heh, saved the best fer' last... Enjoy! 🐕

I will have to go read what your stance is?
    I spewed my leanings afore I was sure, what you held as views.

Thanx for the share of these fabulous ridges, chutes and tree lines

The views of the mountains are grand,
    I'm always going off when I should be more circumspect
    Ida -ho-spect.

(edit, read some now, & it seems that I'm one of those who's bound to be just an echo - you're request up-held.)
    (all ad hominem, dumb bum but too far left so better left on the side. Tree huggers need not apply.)
    (so glad to have not joined in any thoughtful ~so needed~ discourse)

I made it there twice & that is really not enough for the great state of Idaho.
    Once was a ski trip a function of a club. 9 days but only 6 to ski really.
    A short 2 month drive through. A summertime visit in 85 to climb. A visit to the state that gets an insulting rep for it's spud e, Like, stand.
    It was long rides of flat to those sheer sided chunks; Elephants Perch, a hail & lighting storm rough camp aborted stay that whooped us before an equally fun non-eventful epic filled stay under the War Bonnet.

It was nowhere near enough time in the state when it is also home to some of the finest bumps of steep and deep as there is anywhere.
    And then there is that resort Sun Valley, too.

• @The-Gnome

Unfortunately I have not done much alpine stuff in ID. Lack of partners and then ... life. I have, however, climbed "The Perch". It was pretty awesome. Low level for where I was climbing at the time, but multi pitch and spectacular views. Wish I'd had a camera. But ya' know how it goes when yer' in dirt bum mode.

These days our mountains are pretty continually under siege by both local and exponentially growing out of state contingent in search of cool places they can still get into sans any permit lotteries. Quite a few from back east, even, last time I was up there. Major campground "renovations and improvements" to accommodate the 'Bago hordes. I don't think you can get the view above anymore. More likely to be stacks people on that beach, blasting ghetto blasters, drinking, running to and fro in their four wheelers and Razors even during shoulder seasons. Glad I got to experience when it was still a bit pristine. Not to be negative but rather informative for anyone planning a road trip. That said, still bitchin' though. ⛰ 👍

• Now that we are "fessing-up" to that striking peak in the left background being Mt. McGowan, I can share more than I earlier shared, which was:

"I will confess to climbing the steeper parts of the left- hand ridge of the left-side peak in your last two photos back in 1974. Of course, per Idaho climbing fashions of the time, I never "wrote-up" our ascent. I report now that the rock was a little rotten & the route went at about 5.6 or 5.7."

Here's a photo of me leading on the route. Doesn't that Sawtooth granite look interesting?

Ray 1974 N. Face Mt. McGowan.jpg

• 20140912_0119.jpg

20140912_0131.jpg

• hey there, say, toby! had not had a chance to see a few other of the threads yet...
    just wanted to chip in, on this old one...

these are really sweet... really nice views in the whole things...
    thanks for sharing!! love the first ones, almost the best-- due to nice and fresh and green...
    but, the others are really sweet, with dog, kids, and great mountain vie, in water, too!!
    happy really EARLY good morning, today!

• @toby --ahahahha, that's nice caption-note, with this photo... nice 'young part service ' person, there... 🙂