Random Photo Thread

• @NickG said in Random Photo Thread:

this felt like the last hurrah for skinny sking out my back door..

What wax works on mud?

• Felt like I had... but I was looking for it this time because of the Senn's. Been a while since I just sat back and rocked 'em. 🎧

• Oh yeah, almost forgot. Almost, but not quite...

Happy Ray Troll Thursday!

IMG_7248spawntrollcrop.jpg

🐕

• @David-Harris I have an old pair of fish scales that I use on mud or for that matter anything warmer than purple...

• Spring Snow

I'd thought spring had sprung hereabouts but it seems Mother Nature has different ideas.

IMG_7259springsnow.jpg

• @toby Kind of the same here. Basking in the sun yesterday, frost on the roofs this morning.

But there is heat in the sun now, and, although it's a bit later than usual, spring has sprung.

• David: You will be glad to know we started picking our asparagus in early Feb. this year, but only a few spears, then we would get more cold days. The last week, we are finally starting to daily pick more than we can eat. A pleasant dilemma.

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

• @FritzRay said in Random Photo Thread:

David: You will be glad to know we started picking our asparagus in early Feb. this year

I don't think I like you anymore.

• @FritzRay Okay, I'm over my raging asparagus-envy.

Nothing edible in our gardens at this time of year other than things that survive the winter -- kale, parsley, herbs.

But, while it'll be another four months until harvest time, this year's garlic crop is looking really good.

Garlic Mar 2021.jpg

And, of course, there's the pre-harvest. The scapes can come off in June. They make amazing pesto.

• Happy Ray Troll Thursday! \o/

IMG_7303happyrttforestfull.jpg

• NKG_4075.jpg

first swim of the season 🙂

• Big day yesterday.

NKG_3963.jpg

NKG_3979.jpg

NKG_4000.jpg

• @NickG What? Isa got a job with DHS and will shortly be sent to the Tex/Mex border?

Or: All charges against her as an agent of a foreign power have now been dropped?

Or: ???? Citizenship?

• Citizen. its been a terrifying 5 years haveing just a green card.

• more swimming in lake Caspian. This time after out first rock climb of the season.
    NKG_4253.jpg
    Isa got a decent shot of me.

• This old car was obviously Guilty! Part of a 4-day road trip to "deepest" Nevada.

IMG_2186.JPG

We enjoyed ghost towns, roadside attractions, & Native American Petroglyphs of very alien looking humanoids, just east of Area 51.

IMG_2207.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_6708.JPG

• @NickG Send Isa our congratulations!

As a natural citizen I am oft as of late aghast at what being "American" has disintegrated to. Why would anyone want to become that? Legit question. Then you only ponder stuff like "sweating the last 5 years" on only a green card for a moment and it helps bring things back into perspective: As screwed up as we may be we're still a lot better off than a lot of places in the world. And yea, although we all know this on an intellectual level Isa's little journey keeps it real. So thanks for posting this up.

• @FritzRay Good on ya' fer' gettin' out and about, Ray & Dorita! Never stop adventuring!

I rolled an ankle a few days back. Seems like should not have been all that a big deal but I seem to be recouping slowly. Otherwise, it's springtime in Idaho. Leastwise at lower elevations. Need to plan some toby trippin'. ⛰

• @NickG said in Random Photo Thread:

Citizen. its been a terrifying 5 years haveing just a green card.

Yeah, living in a foreign country, hoping to stay there, but with your continued presence at the whim of some bureaucrat in an office somewhere a thousand miles away, can be stressful. Even more so in a period when the country's President was virulently anti-immigrant.

My fifteen years in the US were even more tenuous -- no green card, just a work visa that had to be renewed every three years.

Not long after I moved to the US I met someone as a climbing partner, but whom I soon married. Which gave us rather a lot of options, given that I was Canadian, and she was Norwegian, but with about 25 years as a green card holder in the US.

She could have gained US citizenship in just a few months (according to our immigration lawyer), and I could have followed relatively quickly. Or, I could probably have gained Norwegian citizenship if we chose to retire there. Or, she could aim for Canada.

What to do? We both loved Seattle, but, not being billionaires, we decided it would probably be wiser to grow old in a country where growing old wasn't the road to bankruptcy.

And, here we are in the Great Green North. (Where Mari is currently off for a few days in the Eldred River Valley with a bunch of our young climbing friends)

I hope it works out well for you and Isa.

• that last administration was bizzare, Isa owns two houses here in the US and has a daughter here. If you read the fine print the govt could have taken much and possibly all of her property if she passed not leaveing it for her daughter. just one of many concerns. They also could have revoked her green card at any moment on a whim. If you think that was not likly to happen in the last administration you were liveing in a dream world. Isa Applied for citizenship in june of 2020 she did not hear anything from imigration untill a few weeks after the inaguration in late january. had her test in March and swear in April 8th. the person who was sworn in right before Isa applied on Inauguration day..