Random Photo Thread

• A collection of current DC significant images for & by me.

IMG_0950.JPG

At the Franklin Roosevelt Memorial.

IMG_0959.JPG

Korean War Memorial.

IMG_0965.JPG

• My grand nephew recently narrowly avoided a grizzly attack:

He's the little guy in orange:

Graham & Griz 2.jpg

• Apologies iff'n this has been posted before:

Colorado3.jpg

• Maldaly; some other Bohn pics (he does a lot of celestial photography these days):

Dave Bohn2.jpg Dave Bohn Photo.jpg

• My quick summary & of course my photos of 4 days in the Fredericksburg area of Virgina. Yeah, I am a history buff.

Post Civil War monument to a Michigan's regiments bravery crossing this river under fire, at the battle of Fredericksburg, Dec. 1862.

IMG_1019.JPG

What most of the desperate men fighting the battle of "The Wilderness" west of Fredericksburg in May 1864 had for their fighting ground view. Confusion, bullets, & forest fires made the whole bloody 2 day fight a nightmare. And at the end of the fight, the newest Union commanding general Grant, sidestepped the Confederate army & went around it towards Richmond & the end of the war, instead of retreating to rebuild his shot-up army. President Lincoln had finally found a general who had more than one battle every 3 months in him.
    IMG_1032.JPG

The killing ground at Grant's next battle, Spotsylvania, which turned into a 13 day struggle & was bloodier than any Civil War battle. The Union forces charged from the woods behind this sign towards the woods & Confederate trench line at top of photo & actually broke the Confederate trench line. Then 22 hours of hand to hand fighting ensued while the Confederates desperately dug a new trench line in their rear.
    IMG_1047.JPG

At the end of 13 days of near constant fighting, Grant withdrew from the battlefield & instead of retreating north to refit, marched southeast towards Richmond, so that folks in Fredericksburg can now pay big rewards to recover their lost beagle.
    IMG_1053.JPG

• @johntp , hey there say-- oh my..... 😮 (ooops, this comment is for the BEAR AT THE ZOO, nephew photo... i think i hit something wrong??) ...

• hey there, say all... i have a NEW camera... and, neat, i 'caught this bird' in action...

i AM learning... might take awile for 'actino shots' with the 'tech stuff' ...

IMG_1458mmmmFFFF.jpg

• @neebee said in Random Photo Thread:

hey there, say all... i have a NEW camera... and, neat, i 'caught this bird' in action...

i AM learning... might take awile for 'actino shots' with the 'tech stuff' ...

Nice photo neebs; thanks for sharing.

• hey there, say all... just a ' random' ... then, got to get to work around here... happy good eve!!!!

IMG_2802.jpg

IMG_1746vv.jpg

hee, hee... carrot tree... (really--tiger lily, before blooms)

DSCN3836.jpg

• @neebee Love that "Busy Bees" shot. Nice. 📷 👍

P.S.; Not to take anything away from Carrot Trees... 😜

• @toby , hey there, say, toby... thanks, ... yeah, as to the bugs--two types of bees, and a fly, of all things...

*even had a flower with one OTHER bug, too-- but not in this shot...

it was like i was 'in on' a special meeting of some sort... (each bug, representing its 'local community' and, i was eaves dropping) hahaha, 🙂 .. (or, LEAVES dropping) or, even 'lens' dropping... 😉

• @toby

neebs is quite the artist. I've seen her paintings, quilts and dream catchers. Never knew she had such an eye for photography.

• @johntp , hey there say, john... i practiced for years with camera, on my kids and scenes in south tex... but, sadly had no good camera at all...

finally, i got a canon rebel now, with help from social security, and, a tele lens, now... so, i can put years of 'eye skills' into action now... (still learning the tech stuff) ... will put a few new happy pics, in here, soon as i can...

i hoped so much, to do this for years... even as i finally was able to paint again... (hope this winter i can share more... i will share a photo though, of one art painting here, just a sec... (in next post) here... 🙂

thank you, johntp!

• IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG IMG_1374.JPG

• ZBrown! I will give you the current award for the best series of three random photos, without commentary --------so far.

• IMG_4575.JPG

IMG_4629.JPG

IMG_4694.JPG

• hey there say, zBrown and fritz... wow, love them all!!

• Hiya fritzee and neebee!

Speaking of non random bees

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7ijI-g4jHg

• A couple more random climbing photos. Taken on the same day.

DSCN0247.JPG

Mari climbing Angel Crack.JPG

• @David-Harris , hey there say, wow!

(hey there to ol' zBrown too) ...

got some more randoms, for you all, and for johntp, as to art-type photos, i hope...

DSCN3739bb.jpg

DSCN3900nnn.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0623jjj.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg