Random Photo Thread

• IMG_1793.JPG

A mirror on the floor with an imperfection
    Just to the right of camera
    And the popcorn ceiling

• jtreepictograph-2560x1440.jpg

'Nuff said. 📷 👍

• Seems I'm spiraling in?
    zB seeing ceiling footprints in the popcorn ?

109632248_medium_d0e043.jpg
    When ya make climbing illegal, Ya make climbers Outlaws
    109632103_medium_a00b35.jpg
    I'ms be backx !

• Good call gNome

But the footprint is actually in the mirror

Lower left hand corner

Where is the asbestos

Nowhere I hope

IMG_1803.JPG

• FerryAtHisBest.jpg

• spent some time in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest the last week

Campito - the mysterious horse that spends Spring - Fall in meadows around 11k ft for the last 20 years. Where does he come from, where does he go in winter?
    20190803DSC_5239.jpeg

Some local bugs
    20190803DSC_5210.jpeg

20190803DSC_5175.jpeg

• Coming home to Bariloche Argentina after a big day on the road in 2010. The Frey group of peaks on the horizon.

IMG_1746.JPG

Up close at the Frey hut, which serves pizza & beer. We hiked in on a cold & blustery fall day. Of course, there is a Donini Route on the biggest & best spire.

IMG_1720.JPG

• The man and his mountains.

The man and his mountains lo res.jpg

RIP my brother.

• @The-Gnome

Been meaning to dig this one up for a while now. Somewhere up post you mentioned removing some white power graffiti. I was at JTree a few years back when some asshats from the inside trippin' on something psychoactive were running about all night long, playing some kind of signaling game, flashing red lights from various locations around HVC, all the while tromping thru folks' campsites like they owned the place. Totally oblivious to the "residents". My buddy went off on them after a while w/a stern reprimand. Alas,to my horror later that morning I awoke to discover this:

20150417_0316.jpg

Closer inspection revealed this was some kind of dye that had permeated into the rock. A couple years later I was bivvied out at the same site when I noticed one of the park volunteers working on removing it. I don't know what he used nor how they did it but he did spend the day at it and got the job done. You may want to reach out to Park Headquarters for their secret graffiti removal sauce. Suspect it involves a fair bit of elbow grease. Kudos to that volunteer!! Much appreciation for a thankless task. Indeed. 👍

• OOh Green Dot @toby !
    I have to search through 5 thumb-drives to try to find the offensive pictures. While doing so I find others that will do
    This wall is a daily dog walk away ...

20141012_2882_2-782x893.jpg
    After leaving this which says "Slantz" A second wave appeared . . .

• I can certainly be bothered by graffiti on rocks. Here's an Idaho spin on the problem. The graffiti-covered concrete is the remains of a 1940's ore-processing mill at the Big Camas Mine about 15 miles west of Hailey. What offended me, were the piles of empty cartridges in the road I took the photo from. Some kids painted the graffiti & they or others, then shot hundreds of bullets at it. People are strange.
    20th century Camas Mine ore-mill walls with modern graffiti..jpg

• This post is deleted!

• @FritzRay

Sigh... some people's children. Give gun owners in general a bad name. Popular public lands shooting site a few miles from home gets royally trashed by HS kids bonfire and after game parties. Also asshats too cheap to afford the dump. Becomes littered with old televisions, mattresses, etc. Shooters periodically organize a big dump run clean up and make an event out of it. Shudder to contemplate what it may look like otherwise.

• Happy Ray Troll Thursday! \o/

rtt-808.jpg

Wear 'em if ya' got 'em. Yippie yi yo kiyah! 🎉 🎊 🎆

• Mirrors cannot be repaired

Buy a new looking glass

IMG_1880.JPG ****

• Rockin' the Chacs...

rockinchocs.jpg

Ho Man! Chacos Gone Crazy!

Glad I have two pair of the old skool variants. Last forever and didn't break the bank. 👍

• And they served me as approach shoes on stuff I probably wouldn't do without a toprope belay now.

• El Chorro

El Chorro, Mari leading p4 of Amptrax.jpg

• gnome, that blocky tower / arette thing you posted up thread looks really cool!

• IMG_0702 copy.jpg