Random Photo Thread

• @zBrown Thanks!

• @Moose said in Random Photo Thread:

Is the lack of ascents more a function of remoteness, or rainfall? That's impressive looking!

Partly remoteness. After all, it is over 30 miles from the city -- who could possibly contemplate that distance without quivering in fear!

I suppose you could also say partly rainfall. After all, it does rain here in the winter, and snow at higher elevations. So there are probably only about six months of the year when that peak, and others like it, are reasonable objectives.

No, the real reason is simply an overwhelming number of incredible peaks and an underwhelming number of local climbers. Well, that combined with a different kind of remoteness than you were probably thinking of.

Once you are here, getting to all those incredible peaks and walls is relatively straightforward. Might take a day, with a bit of bushwhacking, but nothing much different from a trip into the North Cascades. It's the "once you are here" part that is the barrier. You can be in Yosemite within a couple of hours of leaving the Bay Area. The mountains here are a lot closer to Vancouver than Yosemite is to the Bay Area, but... Well, yeah everyone in Vancouver only wants to pile onto the already-crowded rock at Squamish, or maybe do some alpine climbing in nearby areas well described in guidebooks. Getting here takes a minimum of six hours, and the guidebook only covers a very few things.

But, anytime you want to try something beyond the guidebook, let me know. (Uh, as in I can give you some beta or connect you with someone who will give you some beta, not as in "I will charge up unclimbed alpine faces with you.")

• Happy Ray Troll Thursday!!!

Wear 'em if'n ya' gots 'em, eh?!!

mpv-shot0313.jpg

mpv-shot0314.jpg

mpv-shot0315.jpg

mpv-shot0316.jpg

mpv-shot0317.jpg

mpv-shot0318.jpg

mpv-shot0319.jpg

mpv-shot0320.jpg

• IMG_0810.jpg
    new to us crag in VT. great place to camp and climb. IMG_0845.jpg

• @NickG Nice. Welcome back. I missed your photography. 📷 🏔 ⛰

• @toby Me Too!!!!

• thanks, Super crazy coupple of weeks. all my rigs broke at once and I had horse show photo gigs both weekends,, astro tool truck just too tired. everything done.. ranger blew the tranny in 4x4 and Sprinter water pump. the sprinter will be at least two weeks just because my mechanic is chronically stones and very busy. Ranger too rusty to bother putting 4k into a rebuild... so juggleing two jobs and a bunch of vehiculer disaters I had to buy a new old truck. finally got a few min to myself last night and got 4 solo laps in and a 3 mile hike.
    IMG_0883.jpg

• NKG_2444.jpg
    NKG_2852.jpg

• @NickG
    Nice pics off the horse show. I miss my riding days! I didn’t show, just did a lot of riding, most of which was done guiding quail hunts and riding for fun.

I did some jumping, but it was on my girl friend’s retired horse. Kind of funny, I rode Sinbad bare back, I would grab a handful of mane and he would automatically go over the jumps and then head straight for the lake and in.

• @Tobia Nice. we had horses when i was a kid. they lived in the same field as the cows. we also rode bare back though i never went over a jump.. horse show world is pretty out there... Glad i don't work it full time anymore..